Wiki Posts
Search

Turnaround CAI

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2014, 1:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G (M&M SEN), PC, SPG, Sixt Plat
Turnaround CAI

I have LX236 and LX237 ticketed on a same day Mileage Run.
How easy is a turnaround in CAI without luggage doable ?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 6:28 am

Programs: Qatar Plat
Not even a stop over? Seems like a huge waste of time and resources.

Well, I'm sure you'll change flights in the airport just fine.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 11:09 am

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Keep in mind that schedules for flights into and out of CAI sometimes appear to be... estimates. "Fly casual" was the feeling a few years ago when my wife and I visited Egypt. Security is variable; I found myself where I shouldn't be (airside) without having passed through security. And where they did have security, it was redundant and time-consuming on one flight, quick on another.

At least the flight numbers suggest a possibility that it's the same plane, so missing a flight or spending an extra day in an airport isn't likely an issue.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 5:33 am

Programs: Qatar Plat
Since the latest 'revolution' the military has increased security at the airport quite a bit and it's noticeably better run. It's still Egypt though. For example, I was in the airport last week trying to use the Forex and everyone had run out of dollars, they only had euros.

Just seems like a wasted opportunity to do a runner like that. At least take a day or two to visit a few sites. The hotels are rock bottom prices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.