Wiki Posts
Search

Ghana, Togo, and Benin

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2014, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriot,AA,SAA, UA
Ghana, Togo, and Benin

Just got back from a great trip. I was warned off Ghana as being boring, and to be honest I found the trip to Elmira just that, but we spent most of the time in small villages in the north of these countries. Saw chiefs, witches, men about to be circumcised dressed as women, Fulani, voodoo spirits, dead rats about to be eaten, etc. I am too short of time to do a true trip report, but adventurous travelers and photographers need to give West Africa a chance. My friends can't believe I went to Africa and didn't go on "safarI", but I have traveled all over Southerm and Eastern Africa. Culture is just has interesting as animals. It is truly amazing to me how little people know about Africa!!
Old Mar 4, 2014, 9:24 am

Sounds like you had a great time. How long did you spend there? I'm just trying to sus out a trip to West Africa too.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriot,AA,SAA, UA
2 weeks. You really need driver and guide. We spent time in small villages and along coast in Benin and Togo. Go during dry season

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.