Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Africa > Africa
Reload this Page >

Boston - Cape Verde direct flight?

Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Has anyone taken the once a week Cape Verde direct flight Boston? How was the flight, plane, crew, safety, etc.?

Would like to visit Africa with the family, but it will be few years before I can handle too long flights with the kids so considering this as easy entry.

What places/ islands would you recommend? Would like to stay at beach, but have a chance to do little/ very easy hiking.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
I have not taken the TACV flight but I know people who have. It is frequently late and uncomfortable but it also by far the quickest way from the US to Cabo Verde. If you book through TACV's Boston office be aware that they only accept cash, cheque, and Amex.

Do not go to CV expecting it to be "African". It is much more similar to Brazil and parts of the Carribbean culturally than it is to mainland Africa.

Hope this helps...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.