Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Email Introducing AERCLUB

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2016, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Can I ask you if that is, by any chance, a T fare?

Please do report back.

I am also wondering if, because your old GC number is shown, whether any Avios will post!

Enjoy the flight!
Old Dec 9, 2016, 3:18 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by MBDublin
Obviously still lots of IT issues!

I am looking forward to see what Avios will post for a saver UK-IRL flight with a GBP3.99 fare.
Has anyone had either Avios or Tier points post since the change?

As an aside - speaking with the AerClub team yesterday having called the old GC contact number. Those numbers wil stop working by end of the year and transition to the new numbers printed on the back of the AerClub cards. Also from the end of year the old cards will no longer be accepted for lounge access. Looks like GC with officially in 2017.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 4:16 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Dambus
H
As an aside - speaking with the AerClub team yesterday having called the old GC contact number. Those numbers wil stop working by end of the year and transition to the new numbers printed on the back of the AerClub cards. Also from the end of year the old cards will no longer be accepted for lounge access. Looks like GC with officially in 2017.
No phone number on the back of the cards
Old Dec 9, 2016, 5:04 am

Programs: EI AC Silver, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Can I ask you if that is, by any chance, a T fare?

Please do report back.

I am also wondering if, because your old GC number is shown, whether any Avios will post!

Enjoy the flight!
Its a Z fare. When I checked in it prompted me for the AC number and then confirmed that it was accepted. Not sure where the GC number came from as I don't think I was logged in at the time.

I will update when and if they post.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, Avis President's Club
Irishguy28, thanks for your help re Avios BA transfer.

Next quandary: when I try to book or explore reward flights to Dublin to/fro the US on the Avios reward search panel, I get this screen --
https://www.avios.com/page-not-found
Any clue?
Old Dec 9, 2016, 5:44 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ROKNA
No phone number on the back of the cards
More disconnected dots... (I Don't have my new card yet)
Old Dec 12, 2016, 4:18 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Aerclub Concierge, UA*S, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by jjbri
Irishguy28, thanks for your help re Avios BA transfer.

Next quandary: when I try to book or explore reward flights to Dublin to/fro the US on the Avios reward search panel, I get this screen --
https://www.avios.com/page-not-found
Any clue?
I'm guessing that it is because there is no availability and they haven't sorted out that page yet.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:44 am

Programs: EI Aer Club Platinum; AF/KLM Flying Blue; IHG Rewards Platinum Elite; Hilton Honors Silver.
Originally Posted by Dambus
Has anyone had either Avios or Tier points post since the change?
Apparently these are being "stored" on their system but won't be reflected in our accounts until 2017.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:13 am

Programs: EI Aer Club Platinum; AF/KLM Flying Blue; IHG Rewards Platinum Elite; Hilton Honors Silver.
Flew with EI this weekend for the first time since AerClub launched. I still have not received my card but the only place where this caused a difficulty was at the premium check-in in DUB where the lady insisted I would have received my card by now if I were an AerClub member (Lounge lady said they are still being sent out). I was granted access to all other benefits in DUB and at outstation just by showing card on the EI App.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:33 am

Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
Today I was bumped up from Platinum to Concierge. No tier points yet for the flights flown since Aer Club started but told that will be sorted. Was able to use one the upgrade vouchers immediately and did not have to pay the change fee on a flight on Monday. Happy days. On a side note, I am traveling 2-4 times per week and things can change at the last minute. The guys in GC/Aer Club admin have been fantastic. Based on my conversation today it would appear that the treatment of flyers at the highest tier continues to be top notch. Hopefully all of the rest of you guys/gals get sorted soon.

Last edited by trustno1; Dec 14, 2016 at 12:49 pm
Old Dec 16, 2016, 6:36 am

Programs: Aer Club Concierge, Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by mb48
Flew with EI this weekend for the first time since AerClub launched. I still have not received my card but the only place where this caused a difficulty was at the premium check-in in DUB where the lady insisted I would have received my card by now if I were an AerClub member (Lounge lady said they are still being sent out). I was granted access to all other benefits in DUB and at outstation just by showing card on the EI App.
3 weeks in and I still can't login to my account to see what tier I am. Keep being told someone will be in touch, but nothing. Gold Card won't be accepted in a couple of weeks, so will probably lose whatever existing access I have until sorted
Old Dec 20, 2016, 12:25 am

Programs: BA, QF, Avis, Marriott
Originally Posted by toxfix
one world will require that they do on long haul, even an economy plus in europe
This is simply not true. Plenty of oneworld member airlines do not offer First Class - Finnair, Royal Jordanian, Iberia, S7, Air Berlin, etc - none of these offer First Class, only Business. Not all offer Premium Economy either.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by toxfix
economy only flyers will never earn enough tier points to advance tiers. It will be the same as BAEC and Avios are completely separate to tier advancement points. For those guys they will have AVIOS, fine, but not of any significant impact and on the whole the % of flyers in the lounges will fall, leaving room for the connecting bag tags through DUB
And this, too, is not correct. (No-one in this thread suggested that Avios are what is required to advance in tiers)

In BA, an "economy only" flyer gets Bronze after 25 flights, and Silver after 50 flights (in a single year)

The number of flights needed for the "economy only" flyer are shown on the Aer Club website.
Attached Images  
Old Dec 20, 2016, 2:24 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
First Avios and Tier points posted from a trip 4 - 7 Dec. 50 Tier points and 866 Avios.

The real plus for me is for the first time (ever I think) both legs have posted without having to submit a missing points form!
Old Dec 20, 2016, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by parklife
First Avios and Tier points posted from a trip 4 - 7 Dec. 50 Tier points and 866 Avios.

The real plus for me is for the first time (ever I think) both legs have posted without having to submit a missing points form!
Can you do me a HUGE favour, please? Or anyone else who has EARNED Avios from FLYING since Aer Club launched??

Can you log into Aer Club and see if you are now shown Reward Flight Saver options?

Thanks! I am hoping that Aer Club operates like BAEC, which requires at least one Avios earned by flying in the previous 12 months to "enable" the cheaper RFS rates.

thank you!
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.