Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-Dining at JFK and BOS

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2014, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Pre-Dining at JFK and BOS

I just noticed on the last page of the new business class info, they mention the introduction of pre-dining at JFK and BOS

http://www.aerlingus.com/new-business-class/

On flights departing from New York JFK and Boston, we are pleased to announce the option to dine before you fly. Eat your fill before you fly, and then all you have to do is to sleep the night away in your comfy bed. You will arrive relaxed and ready to go with a full nights sleep.

A big improvement hopefully, as these short transatlantic flights in the evening allow for very little sleep by the time a full meal has been served.

I wonder how this pre-dining will be facilitated
Old Jul 27, 2014, 11:44 pm

Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
I think it was 2011 and I found myself on a non discounted J class ticket having booked the flight only a few days before travelling to JFK. In JFK I was offered a voucher which I think was for $75 and told I could eat in a named restaurant if I wished before the flight. I duly took up the offer and queried why it was now available as I had flown plenty of times in the past and never offered it. I was advised that because my fare class was full J, I was eligible. The funny thing was that the Cabin Crew did not have a clue when I explained that I had already eaten. They were more than happy to offer me the meal service. I turned in quickly and had a great nights sleep, waking up 40 mins prior to landing.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 9:02 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by modularmayhem
I just noticed on the last page of the new business class info, they mention the introduction of pre-dining at JFK and BOS

http://www.aerlingus.com/new-business-class/

On flights departing from New York JFK and Boston, we are pleased to announce the option to dine before you fly. Eat your fill before you fly, and then all you have to do is to sleep the night away in your comfy bed. You will arrive relaxed and ready to go with a full nights sleep.

A big improvement hopefully, as these short transatlantic flights in the evening allow for very little sleep by the time a full meal has been served.

I wonder how this pre-dining will be facilitated
Back when VS were using the old NW lounge in BOS, they would do a buffet style meal service. Mostly bento boxes, gourmet wraps, soups etc. It was of a good standard albeit limited due to the lounge set-up. It would only be available for about 1hr.
I guess EI could do something similar or else they could just issue voucher for the restaurants....but there is not much airside so not sure if that is a great option either.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 9:34 pm

Any idea how you request pre-dining? I don't see any mention of it anywhere other than the page unveiling the new biz-class. Wonder if it starts March 2015.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I imagine it'll be a case of them putting on dinner in the lounge. BA has a similar arrangement.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 1:27 pm
pmv

Any updates heard on when this would start and

what might be offered?
Old Jan 8, 2015, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by pmv
what might be offered?
A meal intended to replace the meal you would otherwise receive on board.

It will vary based on seasonality, supplier, and availability.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 5:43 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Anyone have news on when this is due to commence?
Old Mar 19, 2015, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by flyaxa
Anyone have news on when this is due to commence?
Spoke to EI today on the phone...staff didn't have a clue what I was on about, and stated that if it was on the website it would have launched already as they would not have published it.

My guess is it will just be a more substantial offering than usual in the lounge maybe a choice of 2 hot dishes on a buffet!

I also asked about the new seats, asking if we were guaranteed them. Now i know from my own AV geek research, that we will be because of the seat map but the agent didn't have a clue!
Old Apr 22, 2015, 11:29 am
soy

Programs: various
As expected, pre-dining is launching ex-JFK. I remain sceptical of how they can pull this off in BOS due to the physical constraints of the lounge, but good to see it for JFK and look forward to the first reports

Welcome to your New Lounge at JFK airport.

We are delighted to inform you that your new Gold Circle lounge at JFK airport is now open.

The lounge design offers you a familiar Aer Lingus experience at New York’s JFK airport.

With natural stone walls and bespoke lighting we have incorporated your favourite design features from our Dublin and London Heathrow lounges right in the heart of JFK airport. Your new lounge offers you the perfect environment to relax or work before your Aer Lingus flight.

Indulge in a range of soups, sandwiches and complimentary beverages, relax in the chaise style lounge seating or avail of the complimentary WIFI and Business centre to put the finishing touches to your presentation or respond to emails.

If you would like to freshen up before your flight shower facilities are also available within the lounge.

Your new lounge is located just across from Gate 26 at JFK Terminal 5.

Exclusively For Business Class Customers. We are delighted to offer our Business Class passengers the option to Pre-Dine before your flight from New York.

A range of freshly prepared dishes (exclusive to our Business Class customers) will be available should you wish to eat before your flight allowing you to relax and catch up on some sleep on your overnight flight from New York.

Please present your Business Class boarding card at the lounge reception area and our staff will be delighted to welcome you to the specially reserved Pre-Dine area
Old Apr 26, 2015, 8:09 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Well I tried the pre-flight dining yesterday and it is basically just a hot buffet. You can eat in the lounge and in the air. It is not either/or as I had expected. Quality was not very high, basic pub catering under a heat lamp.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 5:31 pm

Thumbs Up

Thought I'd add my tuppence worth. Tried the preflight dining tonight as am on the 109 and want to sleep. Usually give it a miss but decided to give it a try. Two words....surprisingly good. Hot dishes were chicken and spinach filed lasagne, both were very tasty. Certainly better than the beef on the flight out. One thing though. The lounge is roasting under the lights and could certainly do with some AC. Other points worth mentioning, plenty of Guiness on display...unlike Dublin and the sparkling wine is nice.

Last edited by trustno1; Oct 10, 2015 at 5:36 pm
Old May 19, 2016, 8:26 am
Suspended

Programs: DL
Any updates on pre-dining at the JFK lounge?
Will be flying out on a J ticket in the next couple of days and plan to arrive at the airport earlier than usual.
Old May 19, 2016, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by HelloItsMe
Any updates on pre-dining at the JFK lounge?
Will be flying out on a J ticket in the next couple of days and plan to arrive at the airport earlier than usual.
I travelled back on the 108 on Tuesday this week. Pre-dining was Cod Fish Cakes and Vegtable Tartlet. Tasty in their own right but certainly I would not arrive early to avail of it. Myself and another pax were the only 2 to avail of it while I was there. There is a nice New Zealand white on offer which is worth a glass or two. Flight back was 6 hours and the crew were fantastic. Six American golfers were in the party mood and the crew were very attentive. Business class out and back about 80-90% full. Travelling again next Wed on the 105, returning Thur on the 108. I will let you know if the offering is different.
Old May 19, 2016, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA, HA
Hmmm, balancing act.
Pre-departure Dining:
+ more sleep
+ food equal quality (taste) to in-flight
- presentation/service

In-flight Dining:
+ better presentation/service (hmm)
- less sleep

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.