Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BOS-DUB or DUB-BOS using Avios

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2014, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by stifle
Dinner service is as soon as practicable after take off, and breakfast tends to start knocking around an hour before landing.

The abbreviation for Aer Lingus is EI. AI would be Air India.
Funny thing is unknown the code, but for some reason I fell into the trap! Thanks for the info.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 3:55 pm

Today I booked 3 tix BOS-DUB for June 2015. Two in Economy, 1 in Business (couldn't get 3 award tix in the same class). Taxes/fees were $33.97 per ticket, even the Business ticket.

Had to phone it in, got through after about 20 tries - received a busy signal all the previous attempts. BA call center was VERY hard to get through to someone, although when I finally did the rep was very polite and waived the phone booking fee without any prompts from me.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 1:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Carlson Gold, British Airways Executive Club
You wouldn't pay phone booking fees anyway as you couldn't book the flight online. They only charge you phone booking fees if you could have booked it online
Old Sep 7, 2014, 2:41 pm

Programs: spg
Originally Posted by 0limits
Today I booked 3 tix BOS-DUB for June 2015. Two in Economy, 1 in Business (couldn't get 3 award tix in the same class). Taxes/fees were $33.97 per ticket, even the Business ticket.

Had to phone it in, got through after about 20 tries - received a busy signal all the previous attempts. BA call center was VERY hard to get through to someone, although when I finally did the rep was very polite and waived the phone booking fee without any prompts from me.
Good for you! Just find it baffling that BOS-SNN has no openings for July and August
Old Sep 7, 2014, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by charlieduke
You wouldn't pay phone booking fees anyway as you couldn't book the flight online. They only charge you phone booking fees if you could have booked it online
This is YMMV and often requires HUCA. I've had agents refuse to waive the phone booking fee even after asking supervisors. After being on hold for over 90 minutes, I gave up and just paid the fee...
Old Sep 7, 2014, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
The agents can exercise discretion, but all EI bookings made with BA are indeed subject to this fee. This advice of always demanding a waiver is therefore not cool.
In my last 6 avios bookings on Alaska I have not been charged the fee....did not even ask for the waiver.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 7:23 pm

I was charged with the phone booking fee (times 4 tickets ) and was told that the reason was that a website MALFUNCTION would waive the fee, but something that simply cannot be booked online can't waive the fee.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by crimson12
I was charged with the phone booking fee (times 4 tickets ) and was told that the reason was that a website MALFUNCTION would waive the fee, but something that simply cannot be booked online can't waive the fee.
That is the correct policy, but many agents waive the fee to avoid conflict.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 8:38 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
I was also charged the fee. Seems like maybe the American call centre is more willing to waive the fee than the UK one but either way it seems to be up to the agent in question and as the above poster said, the official policy is to charge the fee.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 1:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Called twice in the past few weeks to the UK call centre and was never charged the fee, wasnt even mentioned....

For two business class tickets DUB-BOS & return the charges were

outbound: 107
inbound: 40.80
Old Sep 10, 2014, 6:15 pm

Programs: DL PM; Marriott Plat; Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by jamesie_version1
Called twice in the past few weeks to the UK call centre and was never charged the fee, wasnt even mentioned....

For two business class tickets DUB-BOS & return the charges were

outbound: 107
inbound: 40.80
Same here. I even asked about the fee and the agent said, "We never charge a fee for Aer Lingus, you can't do it online even if you wanted to."
Old Sep 21, 2014, 7:45 pm

This weekend I booked 3 BOS-DUB tickets using Avios for June 19. There was no mention of fee for booking online.

There was absolutely no award availability for 3 seats on any flight approx. 35 days later as I need them so I booked the one way. To return we found that IcelandAir flies London to Boston via Reykjavic for $541 per ticket. So all in all between Aer Lingus and Iceland Air we're paying a total of $1718.00 for 3 RT BOS-LON and back. Even staying in Reykjavic a couple days. Not the prices I wanted to pay if we could have gotten the Asr Lingus both ways but much better than the normal RT prices of $1350 each from Tampa (where we live).

Also, despite the reputation of BA wait times I got through twice within a few minutes (first to ask for help with a search and then to book) bc I called as soon as they opened at 7:30am Saturday morning. Really no wait at all.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by nigelallistair
This weekend I booked 3 BOS-DUB tickets using Avios for June 19. There was no mention of fee for booking online.

There was absolutely no award availability for 3 seats on any flight approx. 35 days later as I need them so I booked the one way. To return we found that IcelandAir flies London to Boston via Reykjavic for $541 per ticket. So all in all between Aer Lingus and Iceland Air we're paying a total of $1718.00 for 3 RT BOS-LON and back. Even staying in Reykjavic a couple days. Not the prices I wanted to pay if we could have gotten the Asr Lingus both ways but much better than the normal RT prices of $1350 each from Tampa (where we live).

Also, despite the reputation of BA wait times I got through twice within a few minutes (first to ask for help with a search and then to book) bc I called as soon as they opened at 7:30am Saturday morning. Really no wait at all.
Did you book J or Y on EI?
Old Sep 24, 2014, 5:47 pm

"
Did you book J or Y on EI?
So sorry, I was away from the board for a few days and didn't see your question.

It was Y. There was more availability in J and even a good bit of 2-seat options in Y but I needed 3 seats and so had far fewer options.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 1:43 pm

bos dub Biz class (U) using avios

Whatever happened to the biz class *(U) tickets from boston to dublin. I had no problem booking these with Avios last October. This year there are no tickets at all (at least according to my perusal on expert flyer)

Anyone have a clue? Last year I looked in mid summer, is it just a quesition of release date?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.