Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

EI to wetlease three B757-200s and one B767

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EI to wetlease three B757-200s and one B767

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2015, 12:39 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by zkzkz
Air Canada is a "Rouge" route so it doesn't offer much over Transat or Aer Lingus. All three will feed you and provide a basic comfortable seat with friendly FAs and no IFE.
The EI B757 offers IFE, the same as on the A330 but no wifi.
Old May 17, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Aer Lingus today confirmed the details of business and economy seats on the OMNI B767:

Business:

Seat is the B/E Millennium (i.e. recliner, not lie flat) in a 2-2-2 configuration.

Economy:

Leather seat with personal seat back IFE in a 2-3-2 configuration.
The Omni 767 currently being used by EI has a kind of wacky config, effectively no J.

A friend on EI139 DUB-BOS reports that he was offered a $30 buy-up to "premium seat" in row 2; the aircraft is a 767 wet leased from Omni Air.

The seat map appeared to show that rows 1 thru 4 are configured 2-2-2 while the rest of the aircraft is configured 2-3-2 :

He boarded last (because they boarded back to front) and reports that the seat is a completely normal economy seat, with no special recline, pitch, or width. There is in fact empty space between 2AC and 2HK — there's a bulkhead at row 1 that ends before row 2.

And row 3 (which has lots of legroom) is actually configured 2-3-2, not 2-2-2 as shown in advance on the seatmap. Same with row 4, also 2-3-2, not 2-2-2 as shown on the seatmap.

So the seats in rows 1-4 are not wider or set up in a 2-2-2 style.

No IFE.

I am not sure in what sense these front-row seats constitute "premium seats" and might justify a $30 buy-up.
Old May 17, 2015, 2:32 pm

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mherdeg
The Omni 767 currently being used by EI has a kind of wacky config, effectively no J.

And row 3 (which has lots of legroom) is actually configured 2-3-2, not 2-2-2 as shown in advance on the seatmap. Same with row 4, also 2-3-2, not 2-2-2 as shown on the seatmap.

No IFE.

I am not sure in what sense these front-row seats constitute "premium seats" and might justify a $30 buy-up.
I think this is a temporary lease-in while the A330 fleet is having new Business Class VantageXL seats installed. Someone miscalculated how long it would take so this is a short-term thing. The Omni 767 for SNN will be a -200 version, have a recliner seat in Business class and AVOD throughout. It is an ex Continental Airlines aircraft and retains those seats, but with new covers.
Old May 21, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mherdeg

No IFE.

I was on this flight earlier this week. I had 3D, ironically after having a ticket for 2D only to be told that seat isn't available so they moved me to 3D (as there is no seat 2D). Row 3 does have a lot of room, though it's not premium in any way. It also has the pleasure of being one of the few paths passengers may transit from side to side as the flight crew continually closed curtains directly in front of us and so confused passengers where they could go, even though the toilets were past the curtains. So during the flight there were at least 30 (mostly rude, with some exceptions) people who forcibly moved over my legs to cross the plane (one even woke me to obtain my permission to do so...). I don't know why these people couldn't walk four feet further and cross in the service area. So "your" space may not be all that much of an advantage. For those of you unlucky enough to be on this plane, I'd recommend 2A/C (or 2H/K) instead.

The image you show of the layout is definitely incorrect, as you know. In addition to the error of the seat layout in the front of the plane there is no separation after row 10 and no toilets at that location. There were at least 15 rows (possibly more) before the mid-plane service area.

The flight crew was decent, helpful, and did their best (they were Omni staff), though we did bounce a bit upon landing... The only EI employee on the flight was a condescending jerk in a green jacket who, when told I was involuntarily downgraded from business, said he would stop by en route to discuss and provide some paperwork to assist with a refund. Needless to say he never showed up, not even at/after landing when he sat in the row directly behind me. I sent my request for a 75% refund today and hopefully EI won't cause too much grief in obtaining it.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
So the B762 does or doesn't have C.
What about the B752? Anyone have a Pic of the C class seat there?
Old Jul 5, 2015, 7:45 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by BostonPlanesAndTrains
So the B762 does or doesn't have C.
What about the B752? Anyone have a Pic of the C class seat there?
762 is Y only
757 seat is here https://www.google.com/search?q=aerl...YfWrYF_-q38%3D
Old Sep 17, 2015, 2:24 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
An word on which of the rows on the 757 in business class is best/worst and why?
Old Sep 29, 2015, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
EI-LBR had a problem last night....

Originally Posted by The Irish Independent
An Aer Lingus flight made an emergency landing in New York last night after a technical fault was discovered.

Go To

Flight EI 110 took off from JFK airport last night at 630pm (local time) but was forced to ground shortly afterwards.

All 110 passengers aboard the flight bound for Ireland disembarked from the plane safely at JFK airport.

The flight was due to land at Shannon Airport at 6am (Irish time).

It's understood the pilots received a "failure notification" shortly after taking off regarding their hydraulic equipment and potential problems with their landing gear.

It's believed the plane circled for a short while over Long Island before returning to JFK and making the emergency landing.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 6:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Marriott Gold Elite
looks like there is no backup for those on the return SNN to JFK

I'm on this one next week
Old Sep 29, 2015, 7:14 am

Worse case you will be on a leased in one but they may get it sorted by then.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 4:37 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
EI-LBR was repaired and back flying within 24 hours, first major tech issue with the 757 operation in a long time

Only 1 rotation in each direction was cancelled, passengers rerouted via other carriers
Old Nov 17, 2015, 1:16 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by kokonutz
An word on which of the rows on the 757 in business class is best/worst and why?
Flew this a few weeks ago and thought I'd come back and answer my own question.

I originally booked 1B thinking that the legroom looked like a good thing.

Turns out it's too much of a good thing if you want to watch the IFE. There is so much legroom that the video is hard to see.

But then it turned out the person in 1A came on and had a companion so asked if I would switch to 2A. So I did.

And I thought the seat was far better for viewing IFE, and I had no trouble getting to the aisle. That said, if I booked again, I'd book 2B or similar.

As for the seats themselves, they are slidey seats, so they are what they are.

Service was top notch, though.

All in all, I'd definitely do it again, particularly on the westbound where good sleep is not a necessity. ^
Old Apr 5, 2016, 9:12 am

BOS-SNN Aer Lingus Plane and Seats

From what I've gathered, Aer Lingus is leasing a 767 from Omni Air for the Boston-Shannon route. My family and I are going this summer RT BOS-SNN. Anyone have any thoughts/reviews on the economy seats on this plan? I couldn't find anything on Seatguru. We got 26 A-C-D assigned (two adults, toddler and lap infant). TIA!
Old Apr 5, 2016, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-l...-one-b767.html
Old Apr 19, 2016, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interior of biz class cabin now on Google Street View

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.