Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Best business seats in Aer Lingus TATL flight?

Old Aug 8, 2012, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Looking for input as to which seats would be best for BOS-DUB coming up in Sept. Most of the business cabin is still open. I've done a lot of searching but can't find much. I know the difference in screen height between row 1 vs all other rows, but other than that, can only find conflicting information.

Can anyone confirm whether row 1 has a couple extra inches of legroom or a couple less inches? Is the noise/light from the area beyond the business cabin bothersome when in row 1?

Thanks for any help!
Old Aug 9, 2012, 12:52 am

Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
I have sat in all 4 rows and I can't say that I have noticed much difference in extra inches so to speak. Row 1 feels it has a little bit more space but I have never had my measuring tape with me to confirm. In terms of lighting/noise, I think you will only notice this if you sit on the aisle in Row 1. There is also a toilet on the right hand side right beside 1G/1H which means that people will be passing which could bother you. The toilet on the left side is more forward just at the cockpit door. Talking about the noise, this is usually kept to a minimum as the Cabin Crew like to settle down after about 2.5 hours into the crossing and you don't see much of them. My own favourite seat is 4K because people in my experience like seats in Row 1 and 2 which results in me having no one beside me in 4H on a lot of occasions. The only trouble with Row 4 is that sometimes the meal you want has already been ordered by people in front of you so you may not get what you would like. To remedy this, just mention it to the cabin crew when they first come round with drinks after take off and they will always hold one for you. All in all I think you will find the experience agreeable.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 10:03 am

Programs: EI Gold Circle
In my experience - I would vouch for 3A - always my choice unless unavailable.

You avoid any traffic entering the forward galley, will generally have no problem in obtaining your first meal choice and in my opinion this is the quietest part of the Business Cabin.

EI Premier
Old Aug 13, 2012, 9:26 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
Flew DUB-JFK & then back again last year, row 2 on the way out & row 1 on the way back.
I felt that there was marginally more room in row 1 but whether that was because there was no actual seat in front of us I honestly can't say.
Mrs ABZ1C preferred row 2 because & I quote "It just felt a bit more private".
We were not bothered by noise from the galley or the toilet when we were in row 1.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.