Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TATL in Y on the 757 questions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2017, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

TATL in Y on the 757 questions

I booked a BA avios award DUB-IAD. BA was able to confirm seat 24C, which according to seat guru is an exit row. Since EI charges a fee for extra row seat, is row 24 really an exit row?

I wanted to use manage my booking on the EI web site to request a special meal (kosher if possible), but could not do so. It appears that only bookings made on the EI web site can be managed. Does this mean no on-line check-in? What about entering passport info (US citizen)? Since BA made the booking, do I call BA for this request? Lastly, do BA gold status holders have access to the lounge, 51st & green that past the US preclearance point.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Online check in will work

If you have any special requirements, then call EI directly

If 24C has been confirmed, then its 24C (even if you booked with EI you couldn't change the seat once chosen)

No access to 51st unless in J or travelling with American and have status via Oneworld carrier
Old Aug 3, 2017, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by headinclouds
Lastly, do BA gold status holders have access to the lounge, 51st & green that past the US preclearance point.
No but if your feeling flush then you can pre book on Dublin Airport website for EUR35 each.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ROKNA
Online check in will work

If you have any special requirements, then call EI directly

If 24C has been confirmed, then its 24C (even if you booked with EI you couldn't change the seat once chosen)

No access to 51st unless in J or travelling with American and have status via Oneworld carrier
Thanks for the info, but does row 24 have extra legroom? If it does not, can one change their seat at check-in? Any options beside the 51st & Green lounge in that part of the terminal?
Old Aug 4, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
According to thelingussource (much more accurate than seatfuru) 24C is the seat behind the exit row, so it doesn't have extra legroom. Worry not, however, you can change your seat at OLCI, and pay for extra legroom seats at that point, should you wish.

http://www.thelingussource.com/seatmaps/b757-200/12j165y.html

For a Kosher meal its best to call EI directly - or via twitter.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 1:46 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Seat guru is right in this case as it has the new biz class config with 4 rows and not 3 which pushes everything down a row

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Ae...ng_757-200.php

And EI always has a row 13 so it fits
Old Aug 7, 2017, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Seat guru is right in this case as it has the new biz class config with 4 rows and not 3 which pushes everything down a row

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Ae...ng_757-200.php

And EI always has a row 13 so it fits
According to EF, the business class layout matches the one at seatguru and not the other link nor the seat map on the EI website. The seat map on EF for economy does not have row 23ABC, the same as seat guru. Based upon this, I should be in an exit row (extra legroom) seat at 24C, right? Or is the space between the lav and row 24 smaller? What is odd is that 23DEF are blocked and row 22ABC are occupied.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton HHonors Gold

Out of curiosity, does Platinum AerClub grant 51st and Green access on TATL?
Old Aug 9, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: EI Aer Club Platinum; AF/KLM Flying Blue; IHG Rewards Platinum Elite; Hilton Honors Silver.
Yes, both Platinum and Concierge have access.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Flight is soon on the 757 to IAD. Have the overhead bins been updated in Y along with the other updates on the 757? The original 757 bin size was not very good even for a 20" roll aboard bag.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Responding to my own questions, row 24 is the exit row with great legroom, even when people are queuing for the loo. Seats 24E/F have crew or equipment using that extra legroom. The overhead bins are updated so that a rollaboard does fit it. Food options beyond the USA pre clearance are better than expected. I found that if you arrive a few minutes before the time listed to go to pre clearance, you avoid the rush when the announcement is made in the terminal and everyone rushes down to the check point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.