Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Difficulties trying to log in / see aer club reward flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:57 am
Original Poster

I hope someone can help me. I have an aer club account that has just 250points in it. It has a very old email address as the user name (one that I must have used when I orginally joined up to the Aer Lingus clubg years ago).

I can log into that account fine. I can't see a link in the Aer club section on where to spend points (maybe because I don't have enough??), so a quick google gives me this link...
https://www.aerlingus.ie/aerclub/usi...pending-avios/
I go to that site and I can see that I am logged in - name at the top etc. I scroll down to where it says 'spend you avois points' and click that. It then takes me to a screen to 'update my details'. I cannot get past this screen. It has my email address (the same one used to log into aer club) in the top box twice - when I retype it once and then enter my phone number it just comes back to that screen and says 'email address must be a maximum of 50 characters' and for the phone number 'please enter a valid number' as it is inserting a comma and/or also putting my phone number on there twice. It is driving my crazy so any help would be brilliant.

Also then, I have 16000 points in my BA avois account. I would just use them to book the flights (GVA - SNN), but searching on BA brings up nothing for the LHR-SNN leg (I'm guessing because it's a EI flight, even though it is code share). So i'm hoping I can book it all through Aer club. How then do I move my points over? I think I also need to change the email address on the Aerclub account so it is the same as the BA account??

Sorry for all the questions. I hope this makes sense and any help would be great
Old Jun 28, 2017, 5:40 am
soy

Programs: various
Cannot help with your log in questions, but if you see availability on avios.com you can call to book direct with BA. No need to move the miles. Price it out in both as sometimes there are differences for taxes/fees (especially if you can book the LHR-GVA as a RFS award)
BA will waive the phone fee if booking EI, just request the agent remove the fee on the basis that you cannot book EI awards on ba.com

Price out the flight on ITA matrix so that you know the taxes before you call up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.