Community
Wiki Posts
Search

November cutbacks on NCL-DUB?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2017, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
November cutbacks on NCL-DUB?

I received a notification a few days ago for a booking I have in November (the 4th) that my booking for NCL-DUB had been changed from an early morning to departure to early afternoon, which does not work for my schedule. It also looks like the flight that was scheduled the night before (3rd) is also canceled, leaving just one mid-afternoon departure the day before.

It looks like my best of bad options is to switch the flight from NCL-DUB to EDI-DUB, though there's no train early enough on the 4th to get from NCL to EDI in time for the flight, so that probably means heading up to EDI on the 3rd.

So I'm just wondering if anyone knows if these changes are permanent or if EI/Stobart are known for changing schedules around and then adding flights back later? Or am I missing any obvious options (constraints are dinner in NCL on the 3rd and have a 14:30 flight from DUB on a separate ticket)?

I'm thinking it's probably best to just cancel the dinner and take the mid-afternoon flight on the 3rd from NCL-DUB. Though I'll probably leave the booking for a few months and see if things change between now and then.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:49 am

They are tweaking their Winter schedule and the fact that they have changed times and reduced certain flights would point to adjustments for the lighter months. I doubt we would see them reinstate them unless there was specific demand for it. NCL has always been a bit of a mixed bag for both EI and FR.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 6:33 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, BA Pleb
Originally Posted by dylanks
Or am I missing any obvious options (constraints are dinner in NCL on the 3rd and have a 14:30 flight from DUB on a separate ticket)?
Would the late Ryanair (2115) on the 3rd work? The morning Ryanair on the 4th (1120, 1230 arrival in DUB) is probably cutting it too fine to get the 1430 flight, unfortunately.

Last winter the later EI flight was always the first one to get binned if there were any problems with the weather in DUB. So I'm not surprised. And I'd be very surprised if they reinstate it.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Thanks Dellas and Arctic Troll. I ended up switching to the 15:45 NCL-DUB flight on the 3rd. The main reason for avoiding Ryanair was luggage related (it's part of a 3-week business trip and I unfortunately won't be able to get away with HBO on this one).
Old Jun 23, 2017, 4:40 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus, United, Virgin Atlantic, Qatar
EMA, DSL and CWL also being axed by STK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.