Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AerClub Start Date

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2017, 10:31 am
Original Poster

AerClub Start Date

Has anyone had the issue of trying to find their official start date for their new AerClub? I am trying to find this date out to know how long I have to gain the required tier credits to get into silver. (I had gold status but was one the of many screwed over people)

Trying to get any information from them directly takes weeks usually. Thanks
Old May 8, 2017, 10:35 am

If you download the App and look at your digital card then it should be the third page as you scroll along under ''My Aerclub details''.
Old May 8, 2017, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Thanks. As far as I know everyone has the same start date of Nov 21 2016. My old gold circle status renewed every September. When I called the Dublin office today the AerClub help desk guy said my date was Dec 25 (which just happens to be the date everyone was rewarded 250 bonus points) which I dont believe.
Old May 9, 2017, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ElPresidente1
Thanks. As far as I know everyone has the same start date of Nov 21 2016.
Yet this disagrees with the consensus in other threads here, and also seems to disagree with the way Aer Lingus "ported" over accounts.

To be honest, it's a complete black hole and while it is absolutely necessary information for anyone actually attempting to gain status in the programme, I am forntunate in that I have no desire to chase status with EI, instead waiting for them to rejoin oneworld when they will be forced to observe my BA status.

If this really is an issue for you, I would advise you to pick up the phone to Aer Club and hope for a competent agent who understands the issue and can give you an answer. Preferably in writing - though I would not imagine you would have any luck enforcing that answer if the reality of how the dates work proves different to what you were told.
Old May 9, 2017, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by ElPresidente1
Thanks. As far as I know everyone has the same start date of Nov 21 2016. My old gold circle status renewed every September. When I called the Dublin office today the AerClub help desk guy said my date was Dec 25 (which just happens to be the date everyone was rewarded 250 bonus points) which I dont believe.
Start date is kind of irrelevant in AerClub, its your anniversary date that determines your 12 month qualifying period.

Gold Circle members migrated to Green would of received the Nov 21 date.

All other status members would of received a date corresponding to Gold Circle account.

For example if you had a Gold Circle Card expiring July 2017, then your new AerClub Card would of had a expiry of July 2018. Your anniversary date then would be July 2017 - July 2018.

Again using this example any Tier Credits you have worked up from launch in December 2016 7 will be reset to zero on June 30th 2017, you will then enter your fixed 12 month qualifying period. It is not a rolling 12 months like what happened in Gold Circle.
Old May 9, 2017, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Drums
Start date is kind of irrelevant in AerClub, its your anniversary date that determines your 12 month qualifying period.

The OP was a Gold member who was (incorrectly) ported to Green.

(PS: it's "would have", not "would of")
Old May 9, 2017, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Drums

All other status members would of received a date corresponding to Gold Circle account.

For example if you had a Gold Circle Card expiring July 2017, then your new AerClub Card would of had a expiry of July 2018. Your anniversary date then would be July 2017 - July 2018.

Again using this example any Tier Credits you have worked up from launch in December 2016 7 will be reset to zero on June 30th 2017, you will then enter your fixed 12 month qualifying period. It is not a rolling 12 months like what happened in Gold Circle.
I finally got an honest rep in Dublin to tell me today that my account does not have an anniversary date attached to it and they will "look into it", however he did say something similar to what you have posted. My old gold circle card would renew each September and my partner's would each April. She is in Silver and her tier credits just reset so I assume mine will in September if I haven't qualified by then. I'll post again if I hear back from them anytime this century.
Old May 13, 2017, 12:45 am

I was told yesterday by an Aerclub rep that your tier points reset after you reach new level.

You then have 12 months to maintain or reach the next level.

Has anyone had any experience with this happening? I am 50 points away from silver level
Old May 15, 2017, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tom_IE
I was told yesterday by an Aerclub rep that your tier points reset after you reach new level.

You then have 12 months to maintain or reach the next level.

Has anyone had any experience with this happening? I am 50 points away from silver level
That is incorrect - or, at least, disagrees with the details on the website.

You have a fixed membership year. Going up a level doesn't change your membership year.

If you get to Silver, you will have Silver for the rest of your current membership year, and for all of your following membership year. You don't see your Tier Points reset; you still have whatever period is left in your current membership year in which to aim for Platinum or Concierge.

If, in the remaining period of your current year you accumulate enough Tier Points to reach Platinum, your Silver changes to Platinum for the rest of your current membership year, and for all of your following membership year. If you then go on to reach the total required for Concierge, your Platinum changes to Concierge for the rest of the current membership year, and for all of your following membership year.

The only thing that resets your Tier Points balance is reaching the end of your membership year. You commence a new year with a Tier Point balance of zero, and the status determined by your closing balance of Tier Points [i.e. whatever the highest status was that you earned during your fixed-term previous year].

When you earn status in Aer Club, you will always have it for more than one year (unless you only earn that status on the very last day of your membership year).
Attached Images  
Old May 15, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Silently lamenting the demise of GC....

Despite the limitations of the old programme at least it was relatively transparent, consistent and was represented by knowledgeable staff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.