Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Personal item question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2017, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Personal item question

Hi everyone: I will be flying from NWR to LHR next month. I was just carefully rereading the baggage limits, and discovered that my personal item is larger than they will accept.
https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/8667...backpack&csp=a

It is a rather small backpack and I certainly won't be overstuffing it. Can anyone tell me if they are very strict about the personal item measurements?

Thanks!
Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:48 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton HHonors Gold
I have never seen them enforce it strictly on something that is just a bit bigger than the limit. If you try to bring a bug hiking bag and a suitcase, they may say something. But if it's just a backpack style bag you should be more than fine.
Old May 5, 2017, 12:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
I normally travel with a rolling bag, 21", and a backpack with my laptop - normal sized laptop. Based on the earlier reply, I'm hoping that they won't have an issue with that. My backpack is a bit bigger than the dimensions listed on the web site.
Old May 5, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by divrdrew
I normally travel with a rolling bag, 21", and a backpack with my laptop - normal sized laptop. Based on the earlier reply, I'm hoping that they won't have an issue with that. My backpack is a bit bigger than the dimensions listed on the web site.

My go-to travel backpack is about 10cm longer than the limit for it and I've never been stopped
Old May 13, 2017, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
It'll be grand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.