Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

30K free AVIOS when you sign up to Irish and Sunday Independent subscription

Old Feb 18, 2017, 2:54 am
Original Poster

Not a bad offer if you read it anyway.

Enjoy Return Flights with AerLingus

Sign up to our new Home Delivery offer and get 30,000 Avios points to use towards two Aer Lingus flights to one of 24 European destinations

The Irish Independent and Sunday Independent have partnered with AerClub, the new loyalty programme of Aer Lingus, to bring you closer to your next holiday.

Subscribe to home delivery of the Irish and Sunday Independent from Monday to Saturday for 6 months, or Saturday’s Irish Independent and the Sunday Independent for one year for €349.99 - and receive 30,000 Avios points – the AerClub currency – which can be used towards two Aer Lingus flights to one of 24 European destinations. You can sign up to this great offer here

https://www.reachhomedelivery.ie/new...LE_AVIOS_OFFER
Old Feb 19, 2017, 11:30 am

Well given that I'd have to spend 30,000 Euro at Supervalu to get the same Avios there, it's not a bad deal.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:09 am

Can these Avois be transferred to a BA account?

Any reason why these are supposedly valid on EI euro flights? I would have thought that they would be valid on any EI flight?
Old Feb 20, 2017, 2:45 am

Programs: EI Aer Club Platinum; AF/KLM Flying Blue; IHG Rewards Platinum Elite; Hilton Honors Silver.
No mention in the terms and conditions that they are only valid on EI European flights, or only EI flights for that matter as it says you must be member of either Aer Club, Executive Club or Iberia Plus and claim your points on the avios website.

"30,000 Avios points will be added to your AerClub account, which you can use to spend towards flights to various destinations...
You must be a member of AerClub, British Airways Executive Club or Iberia Plus."

https://www.reachhomedelivery.ie/new...agazines/terms
Old Feb 20, 2017, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eireman
Any reason why these are supposedly valid on EI euro flights? I would have thought that they would be valid on any EI flight?
Yes they can be it is just a marketing thing really. You can move to BA/IB and spend as you wish.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, EI Concierge
As there is no upgrade facility for using Avios yet - what do you think the rate will be for a transatlantic ?

How far would these 30000 avios go when using them to upgrade ?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by Danash
As there is no upgrade facility for using Avios yet - what do you think the rate will be for a transatlantic ?

How far would these 30000 avios go when using them to upgrade ?
if you transfer into the BA program, you can use to upgrade from Y to PE or PE to J or J to F- no???
Old Mar 12, 2017, 4:19 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
30k avios for Irish Indo subscription

Spotted this one while browsing this morning... not really one for me, but may be of interest to some...

http://www.independent.ie/incoming/enjoy-return-flights-with-aerlingus-35416453.html

Last edited by GoldCircle; Mar 12, 2017 at 4:25 am
Old Mar 12, 2017, 4:32 am
Original Poster

Already posted its been on a while now.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-l...scription.html
Old Mar 30, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus
Has anyone signed up to this and care to share their experience? particularly if the Avios can only be used for Euro flights?
Old Mar 30, 2017, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by ferg01
Has anyone signed up to this and care to share their experience? particularly if the Avios can only be used for Euro flights?
You can use them anything - long-haul and short-haul Aer Lingus (short-haul is terrible value due to the taxes) or, if you move them to a BA account, any oneworld airline.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ferg01
The wording which suggested limits was just marketing. The AVIOS will post to your account the same as any other AVIOS earned and then you are free to move them to BA or IB as you wish. IB currently have some good discounted PE fares USA-Europe for example. So it depends what you intend to do with them as to where you move them if at all.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:29 am

Programs: Aer Lingus
ok - thanks.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:48 pm
soy

Programs: various
Anyone taken up this offer?

if so how does it work, do you get a voucher that you can redeem at the avios vouchers homepage......or do they deposit the avios directly into your account?

Edit - found the answer, you get a voucher that you can deposit wherever you want

Last edited by soy; Apr 4, 2017 at 3:02 pm
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:16 pm

Programs: Aerclub
Just FYI, I subscribed to this promotion in early April without realising it had an end date on 31/03/17. I Contacted Avios.com yesterday to find out the whereabouts of my Voucher. Very nice Lady said that the promotion had ended but the fact that the link was still active on their page and also on the Aerclub page they would honour the deal.

Voucher arrived last night.

Last edited by mumha abu; Apr 25, 2017 at 11:17 pm Reason: spelling

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.