Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Plus/Advantage Fares - Standby for earlier flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2017, 8:38 am
Original Poster

One of the advertised benefit of current Plus and Advantage fares is the ability to standby for an earlier flight. There is, however, a * beside on the website (link) this that is explained as

Standby for an earlier flight is available on high frequency routes only
Does anyone have any experience of what a high frequency route is or the application in practice? Does it essentially only apply to DUB-LON?
Old Feb 16, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
DUB LHR and DUB AMS

I've been moved to an earlier flight numerous times in the LHR lounge
Old Feb 19, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
It's actually really nice. I've arrived in the DUB lounge before, a couple of hours early and been proactively offered to move to the earlier flight as I have hand luggage. Once I walked in, was offered this, stayed 10 minutes and was off to the gate for my next flight.

A wonderful thing!
Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:30 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Folks in LHR have been able to move both me and my checked luggage to an earlier flight, no fuss...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.