Search

ATR question..

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2017, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starbucks Gold
ATR question..

Hey

Might be using the ATR from EDI-DUB at end of March. Was looking at EI's site and noticed that the size of carry on allowed is smaller (48cm x 33cm x 20cm) than the standard carry on allowed on FR (55cm x 40cm x 20cm). I was wondering if this was strictly enforced..or can a loosely filled standard carry on fit?
Old Feb 15, 2017, 5:53 am

The overhead bins are much smaller on these AC hence the rules. If you get a nice gate agent on the day then you may get it free checked at the gate / A/C steps if they deem it too big or indeed if it will not fit in the lockers.

On a bad day it would be a costly experience. It is one of those numerous questions we get asked and no one can give you a 100% answer as it really does come down to the situation on the day.

I have seen people get away with it and some not. If you are taking something that will not fit in the lockers then you are taking an even bigger risk.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
My experience is that mainline sized bags will fit, certainly under the seat in front of you. Hard sided bags may not fit in the overheads, but more flexible bags should fit, with some encouragement. The bins themselves are relatively spacious, its the aperture which is small.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.