Wiki Posts
Search

Missing Flight Form - Finally!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2017, 6:13 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Aerclub Concierge, UA*S, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Dambus
I must be black listed.

Have tried every and all methods and am still missing 4 long haul legs from the last 6 months.

All 4 were upgraded using concierge upgrades so the rational conclusion must be that, either by accident or design, upgraded legs do not quality anymore for Avios or Tier credits.

Would love to hear if anyone has successfully gotten credit for such a leg...
My flights to and fro SFO the other week credited and the return leg was an upgrade. My ticket was booked through a corporate site and I did notice that the booking ref on the avios points history was the Sabre reference and not the EI one.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 4:23 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
I don't think the Avios system can cope with anything other than something booked directly on ei.com.

Non-Austral departure airport - no points.
Changes to tickets at the airport - no points.
Flights operated by Stobart - no points.

Easiest thing is to fill in the form a few days later, including the ticket number. Posts within 24 hours.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 5:28 am

Programs: EI Aer Club Platinum; AF/KLM Flying Blue; IHG Rewards Platinum Elite; Hilton Honors Silver.
Still waiting on one plus fare from several months ago. I've filled in the missing flight form twice (with over 28 days in between), have also emailed but no reply. Other flights on the same forms posted within 24 hours.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by mb48
Still waiting on one plus fare from several months ago. I've filled in the missing flight form twice (with over 28 days in between), have also emailed but no reply. Other flights on the same forms posted within 24 hours.
Plus never worked with Gold Circle either. I suspect that underneath the rebrand, the process EI is using to award Avios and Tier Credits is the old GC.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BrianDromey
Plus never worked with Gold Circle either. I suspect that underneath the rebrand, the process EI is using to award Avios and Tier Credits is the old GC.
Nope, its different IT as it behaves very differently, it can't handle flights on BA whereas the GC system handled these perfectly

Plus fares ex Dublin are crediting correctly and after manual claim on others they work also, there is no need to specify the class of travel with AC retro claims

In GC Madrid used to work but in AC Madrid does not post points and has to be chased
Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: EI Aer Club Platinum; AF/KLM Flying Blue; IHG Rewards Platinum Elite; Hilton Honors Silver.
Originally Posted by ROKNA
Plus fares ex Dublin are crediting correctly and after manual claim on others they work also, there is no need to specify the class of travel with AC retro claims
Not in my experience!
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:53 pm

Programs: EI Silver, AF Ivory, SPG Gold, HH, IHG Priority Club, Choice Privileges
After my experience since January, I would advise anyone who is a member of AerClub to check & double check their balances

So far, most of my DUB-Europe flight have credited. but not one of the Europe-Dublin flights have credited. I have filled in the "missing flight" forms 3 times with no changes happening

In January I did a Dublin - Zurich-Dublin, the outbound credited, then in June the same outbound disappeared off the site with the avios.

There appears to be no way to keep an eye on Tier credits either

Having been asked in April to send all my issues to [email protected], nothing was resolved, now I am being asked to send the same issues to [email protected]

Aerclub is an unmitigated disaster and whats more worrying, is that Stepjhen Kavanagh stated a few months back, that it is not his job to make Aer lingus "frequent flyers happy"
Old Aug 16, 2017, 4:57 am

Added last weekend's flights yesterday evening, credits and avios posted this morning!

Still no sign of missing flight from December.....
Old Aug 20, 2017, 6:00 am

Flew LGW-DUB on Wednesday and Tier points updated in the last 24 hours. ^
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:57 am

Seems the missing lift form is not working at the moment. 500 - internal server error.

We must have been getting too many avios for their liking.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by BrianDromey
Seems the missing lift form is not working at the moment. 500 - internal server error.

We must have been getting too many avios for their liking.
Yes its been down at least two days now.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 4:49 am

Seems to be back up and running now.

Why its not integrated from the myAerClub section of the website, I'll never know.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 10:29 am

My experience with AerClub has been horrible.

Took a flight from Key West to Newark with United and chose to credit to AerClub at the time of booking. That was mid-March this year. Points didn't credit automatically.

Chased via email and contact center for three months and was given false information (call Avios; call United; we don't deal with crediting points for partner flights etc). Call centers also refused to let me speak to a Supervisor ('they're all too busy') and they refused to let me hold until a Supervisor became free ('we're too busy with other calls'). They refused to contact the AerClub team to find out what was going on ('they're in a different office'). All they do is fill out the missing flights form again on your behalf. The only people who have a clue about what is going on is the Social Media team. They confirmed that the points will be credited in a "future roll-out" but that there is no timescales or plan for that roll out.

In the meantime there is no proactive communications to customers or reactive comms provided on the back of filling out the Missing Flights Form. These submissions are just being filed until they are in a position to credit as part of this mysterious future roll out. They have said that the points for the non-credited flights will not expire (but it wouldn't surprise me if they try to pull that one later). There is no way to get updates about the future roll out and so the only option is to Direct Message the Aer Lingus Twitter account periodically to ask whether there is any news.

Absolute $h!t show.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
All my flights this year with EI have credited fine. DUB/FCO/DUB, DUB/LAX, SFO/DUB, DUB/LGW/DUB. Mix of classes a Plus, an Advantage and two in Business. Missing a United from LAX to SFO. Filled in form but apparently United flights will be credited in the next phase of the roll out. Whenever that is. But Avios and Tier points are all good bar that one.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 10:04 am

I just received a generic email from AerClub about claiming for missing points. One of the items under 'Don't Forget' is:

"We are currently awarding on Aer Lingus flights only - awards for travel on our AerClub partner airlines will follow later in the year."

So, it seems that we have an ETA for these points to credit of 31st December 2017 at the latest. I'm going to ask their Social Media Team for a comment also as they have maintained that there is no ETA for the roll out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.