Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Missing Flight Form - Finally!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2017, 4:56 am

Programs: AerClub
Originally Posted by alancostello
Beyond that, they give no time frame for when it will be added to the account. "these flights will be added to your account in the next stage of our phased roll out of AerClub."

My CDG-DUB flight from a month ago hasn't credited, which means it'll be another trip without the benefits I'm entitled to before I actually get my status(assuming the rest of my flights credit). Given how long Phase 1 took(and is still taking to get right), what hope do we have for phase 2?
I've 3 CDG-DUB flights since start of Jan, none credited yet. All DUB-CDG are up on the system though.

With Gold Circle CDG-DUB flights were always very hit and miss as to whether they'd be picked up automatically or not.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 4:28 am

Programs: Aer Club - Concierge. BA - Silver.
Just saw on my AerClub account, 2 of my 3 missing flights have been credited with Avios & tier points, following my filling out the missing flights online form. It took almost 2 weeks for them to process. Not sure why the 3rd one was not done?
Old Feb 24, 2017, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Ber2dca
When I fly EI it certainly feels like Ireland is one of the markets that skipped the full service airline part of the cycle.
That's unfair...and untrue. It's not all that long since the days of business class cabins on all flights, the FAs pressing those little bottles of champagne on you when you were leaving the plane [my first job after college would fly us back and forth to Heathrow in business class]

Ireland was the first European market to be fully exposed to the LCC revolution.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:21 am

When I fly EI it certainly feels like Ireland is one of the markets that skipped the full service airline part of the cycle.
To be honest when EI do well the flights are great at the moment. BOB was the only way to go and suited the Irish market due to pressure from FR. The Irish have got over their adversity to LCC years ago and the FR phobia. EI had to compete in an aggressive market at the time even before BA started to feel the pressures it currently does in the UK market.

I used to fly Premier weekly on EI European routes back in the day and yes it was great and 100% full service but EI would not be around today had it opted to keep that model.

My only gripe with EI at the moment is the complete balls up of AerClub which is degrading the brand among many. They really dropped the ball on this one and continues to be a nightmare to the thousands that are effected.

No PR recovery and people being ignored. Skytrax 4* ? They should loose one star due to AerClub alone
Old Feb 24, 2017, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by DELLAS
My only gripe with EI at the moment is the complete balls up of AerClub which is degrading the brand among many. They really dropped the ball on this one and continues to be a nightmare to the thousands that are effected.
I couldn't agree more. I've never really had a bad word to say about Aer Lingus in the past - but the rollout of Aer Club has been an incredibly bad mark on their image.

They should not have closed Gold Circle when they did. And they should not have "opened" Aer Club before it was ready.

And it's not even as if I was personally impacted by it [I didn't have status in Gold Circle, and tend to fly only sporadically on EI these days, and usually in the cheapest fare classes that give nothing in BA so I never come close to getting status with them. Hurry up oneworld! I want my BA status to count on EI, and my EI flights to count for status with BA ]. If I had been "robbed" of status as many people have, I would be furious...
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:20 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Shamrock103
Just saw on my AerClub account, 2 of my 3 missing flights have been credited with Avios & tier points, following my filling out the missing flights online form. It took almost 2 weeks for them to process. Not sure why the 3rd one was not done?
Mind if I ask when the flights were taken/from where? Just trying to see if there's a pattern/process we can discern
Old Feb 24, 2017, 12:59 pm

I'm not disputing that Aer Lingus simply responded to the market pressures. Perhaps they didn't entirely skip the full service phase of the market, but it certainly was an abbreviated phase in Ireland.

To be honest, I'm typically only 1 to 2 hours on Aer Lingus planes so I can tolerate the (lack of) service, but I still wish they had a short-haul product of some sort that makes it feel less like a Ryanair that flies to hubs.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 3:51 pm

I'm not disputing that Aer Lingus simply responded to the market pressures. Perhaps they didn't entirely skip the full service phase of the market, but it certainly was an abbreviated phase in Ireland.

To be honest, I'm typically only 1 to 2 hours on Aer Lingus planes so I can tolerate the (lack of) service, but I still wish they had a short-haul product of some sort that makes it feel less like a Ryanair that flies to hubs.
I think Aer Space would have solved that like a I2 model but of course that seems shelved. We may see it of some guise in future on routes that warrant it. At the moment you can select seats up front , get priority boarding and buy lounge access so it is a DIY experience. Of course Aer Club Silver will get you that and for not too many Tier points. Just add the components you want. I would have to disagree if you are saying the cabin crew and aircraft interiors are LCC. I actually think those are their good points.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 5:44 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
That's unfair...and untrue. It's not all that long since the days of business class cabins on all flights, the FAs pressing those little bottles of champagne on you when you were leaving the plane [my first job after college would fly us back and forth to Heathrow in business.
Short haul Premier was indeed an excellent service - felt much more warm and human that short haul C on other carriers into Dublin, but I might be biased....

As for the small bottles of Piper - I remember New Year's parties in Amsterdam (where I lived after college) fully stocked thanks to EI!
Old Feb 25, 2017, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by Dambus

As for the small bottles of Piper - I remember New Year's parties in Amsterdam (where I lived after college) fully stocked thanks to EI!
Years ago back in the days of A330 service to BFS from SNN I used to sometimes pop down to the Bunratty Hotel for the weekend. It was only Ł59 return. Being Gold Circle they always sat me in Premier as there was no lounge in BFS. 35 mins flight but light food plate served with smoked salmon and champagne ( big bottle ) in Waterford Crystal glasses. I remember once a bottle was opened a 1/4 of it was left and I declined the rest. The crew member said ''Well Im not throwing it down the drain and proceeded to pour the rest into my glass''. Sometimes arms can be twisted.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 1:30 am

Programs: Aer Club - Concierge. BA - Silver.
Hi Dellas, one from LPA on Jan 3rd 2017, & a Man return on Feb 8th 2017.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by krefe
Folks,

Here you have the Missing Flight Form:

https://www.aerlingusaerclub.com/

The only problem is that it's not giving me any confirmation after submitting.
I wrote them to see if they received my missing flights from the form.

Enjoy!
They really seem to have gone backwards on this...

Since the beginning of this year over 50% of my flights have not credited automatically while the call center seems to have lost any influence and just refers to the missing flight from on-line. It used to take a 5 min phone call to get missing flights credited.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Dambus
They really seem to have gone backwards on this...

Since the beginning of this year over 50% of my flights have not credited automatically while the call center seems to have lost any influence and just refers to the missing flight from on-line. It used to take a 5 min phone call to get missing flights credited.
Are you seeing any pattern?

From what I can tell most of inbound journeys from Europe are not crediting. Everything out of Dublin does.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 10:42 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Aerclub Concierge, UA*S, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Drums

From what I can tell most of inbound journeys from Europe are not crediting. Everything out of Dublin does.
Since roll out most of my outbound DUB flights are credited and consistently zero of the inbound ones are!
Old Apr 3, 2017, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Drums

No particular pattern. All my flights are long haul and I am missing a random combination of Y/C legs both inbound and outbound.

The only consistent failure to post is around Y upgraded to C legs - 0/3 at the moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.