Wiki Posts
Search

C Class fare AMS-DUB-IAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2017, 1:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Gold
C Class fare AMS-DUB-IAD

Hi, I have no recent experience with EI, can anyone answer a couple of questions for me?

On a C class ticket AMS-DUB-IAD and return, is any premium seating included on the AMS-DUB-AMS sectors or is it a question of adding that as a separate transaction?
Is there any special allowance for guaranteeing handbaggage in the cabin, and priority boarding for those flights?
I assume lounge access is included for all sectors?

Thanks for any info on this.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
I don't know the answer with regards to seating. Seating is free for Business Class passengers so I assume it would be free also on the connection. If it is not, you will need to add it separately.

On the AMS-DUB and DUB-AMS, any seat in the first 7 rows will give you Priority Boarding so you should select a seat in this area of the cabin.

There is no way to guarantee your hand luggage in the cabin. Don't bring too much is the general rule. Aer Lingus are usually very good - if the flight is full, they will ask for volunteers to check luggage for free. They only force you to check luggage if you are one of the last to board and all the overhead lockers are full. That is rare in my experience. If you board with Priority Boarding when it is announced, you will have no problem.

Lounge access wise, I am not sure about this. You will have it in DUB and IAD of course for the Transatlantic sectors. In AMS and in DUB on the way back, I am not so sure. It does say that access is for Business Class passengers, and you will not be flying in Business Class on AMS-DUB-AMS so you are technically not eligible for access. They may do it though, they may not - you would be advised to ask on the day, I guess.

Good luck and make sure after you travel that you come back and let us know the answer about the seating (was it free on the short sectors or did you have to pay?) and the lounge (for the short sectors). I'd like to increase my knowledge on this Hope this helps!
Old Jan 22, 2017, 10:53 am

Well, premium seating on an intra-EU sector with EI means sitting near the front of the cabin, that's it. But they will give you priority boarding even if it's not technically possible to fly J on such a flight.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 12:02 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
AMS - DUB - IAD, lounge access in DUB no problem in the 51st state lounge, unclear if you can get lounge access in AMS if you present the boarding card for the biz sector

IAD - DUB - AMS, BA lounge in IAD, then Aer Lingus lounge in DUB if you show the IAD boarding card

If you log into the booking you may be able to select seating now on the AMS-DUB sector, EI check in/lounge staff in IAD and DUB will allocate you a seat if available in rows 1-7 upon request
Old Jan 23, 2017, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Gold
Thanks for the answers, if the booking goes ahead I will report back on the actual situation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.