Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to combine separate tickets on Aer Lingus?

Is it possible to combine separate tickets on Aer Lingus?

Old Mar 31, 2017, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Tickets will not be combined if bought separately. Whatever they tell you on the telephone, the only thing they can do is 'link' the tickets. This has no material effect, it just shows up as a free text entry on the PNR. Two separate tickets will always be two separate tickets, no matter what currency you use to purchase them. You may be successful in making the onward flight, but if your flight into DUB is delayed or cancelled and you do not show up for the second flight, the entirety of this ticket will auto-cancel as you will have been deemed a no-show. You'll then have to enjoy Dublin rather than Naples, or buy a new ticket.
Luckily I was able to book it all on Avios points. I just hung up and booked Aer Lingus for IAD to DUB for 13k Avios miles. Then DUB to NAP for 8,500 Avios miles. It looks like the zones priced correctly but I thought the 8,500 looked high based on the first flight being 13k. Did the British Airways agent/system price this correctly for the Aer Lingus flights or am I looking at it wrong?

I decided to do it so I didn't have to worry about two separate tickets to be safe but did it price correctly?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by dmarcus163
Luckily I was able to book it all on Avios points. I just hung up and booked Aer Lingus for IAD to DUB for 13k Avios miles. Then DUB to NAP for 8,500 Avios miles. It looks like the zones priced correctly but I thought the 8,500 looked high based on the first flight being 13k. Did the British Airways agent/system price this correctly for the Aer Lingus flights or am I looking at it wrong?

I decided to do it so I didn't have to worry about two separate tickets to be safe but did it price correctly?
I'm glad you were able to do this as one routing-- I was just hopping from DUB to EDI, so 4,500 Avios didn't really seem worth it when the flight was dirt cheap in cash (though you could make an argument for the insurance value of having it on one itinerary).

DUB-NAP is 1,291 miles, which bumps you just over the Tier 2 threshold of 1,151 miles into Tier 3 = 8,5000 Avios. You'd save 2,000 Avios (~$30) by keeping it within Tier 2, but if you're actually going to NAP, that's probably not be worth it to you.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:12 pm

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.