Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

WIKI : AerClub member benefits by tier

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 27, 2016, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Aer Club member benefits by tier

Graphics courtesy if DELLAS.

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2016, 10:07 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Here we are March 3rd and nothing to report

GC members got the intro email in November,

If you would like to join AerClub, you don’t need to take any action. As a Gold Circle member, we will set up your new AerClub account for you, which will include a registration with Avios, using your Gold Circle account details.
No updates since and it raises a big question as to what to do with future bookings without the rules for Aer Club it could be better value to bank miles with BA
Old Mar 3, 2016, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

'' Existing Gold Circle members who book a flight now and fly after AerClub launches will be able to collect Avios points.''

So I guess if people have bookings for March/April then they should either enter their GC number into the booking now and then when AC launches they can change it.If the day before they travel AC is still not open then they can put in their BA number if it will earn them a decent amount depending on the route/class etc..
Old Mar 3, 2016, 1:20 pm

Programs: EI Gold
I don't think the original timeline is looking realistic - we were due to find out our AerClub tier around now as the timeline was one month before GC closing on March 31st. I've seen a few people asking on Twitter and getting the "sorry, we don't know yet" response.

Also, EI closed job applications for the position of Senior Loyalty Agent last week, with the role description being about assisting GC members in the move to AerClub. I'd imagine if they are only interviewing for such a position now that we are still a bit off the launch.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:52 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Two points of information

1. http://www.avios.com/country-selection/en_ie/ gives away more than EI do

2. If you book now with GC number for any date in the future ASTRAL will log you as a GC member and it will show in the booking list used to do the seat allocations ex Dublin. GC dies March 31st, not sure why but everyone has told me the IT behind it is dead from that date forward
Old Mar 8, 2016, 6:32 am

Programs: EI Aer Club Platinum; AF/KLM Flying Blue; IHG Rewards Platinum Elite; Hilton Honors Silver.
Originally Posted by ROKNA
2. If you book now with GC number for any date in the future ASTRAL will log you as a GC member and it will show in the booking list used to do the seat allocations ex Dublin. GC dies March 31st, not sure why but everyone has told me the IT behind it is dead from that date forward
I wonder though if the GC benefits (check-in, lounge, priority boarding etc) will still be available if Aer Club doesn't launch at the end of March as planned - I have a number of flights planned for the beginning of April.

Strange that we have received no further communication since the original emails in November.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 7:02 am

Programs: EI Gold
Aer Lingus responded to someone asking about AerClub on Twitter last week saying that we can expect an update email some time this week.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 7:07 am

Programs: Aer Club Concierge, Emirates Gold
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but if you logon to your Avios.com account, there are 250 Aerclub Avios bonus miles awaiting
Old Mar 9, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by KudosNI
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but if you logon to your Avios.com account, there are 250 Aerclub Avios bonus miles awaiting
Don't see it on either of two accounts.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 10:36 am

Programs: Aer Club Concierge, Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by tangey
Don't see it on either of two accounts.
Screenshot of mine
Attached Images  
Old Mar 10, 2016, 8:47 am

GC lives on

At least till 30th June 2016...
Old Mar 10, 2016, 9:13 am

Programs: EI Aer Club Platinum; AF/KLM Flying Blue; IHG Rewards Platinum Elite; Hilton Honors Silver.
"...following your feedback and comments"

I would imagine that most of the comments were in relation to the lack of information regarding tier benefits/partners etc and not that the end of March was too soon for implementation.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 9:17 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
We are pleased to confirm, that following your feedback and comments we have extended the Gold Circle programme to 30th June 2016. As a result the new Aer Club programme will now begin in July 2016.

We are continuing to build the best airline loyalty programme for you to allow access to more rewards than ever before whilst offering true recognition when flying with Aer Lingus.

What does this mean?
It means that between now and 30th June, you can continue to collect Gold Circle points for flights with Aer Lingus.

Any Gold Circle points collected between now and 30th June will be converted to AerClub Tier Credits and credited to your new AerClub account.

Your new AerClub membership tier will be determined by your level of Aer Lingus flight activity within the 12 months prior to the closure of Gold Circle.

What happens next?
Between now and 30th June, your AerClub profile will be created. We will be in touch before 30th June with everything you need to know about the new programme, and how to make the most of your new membership.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 9:17 am

More like ASTRAL hasn't a clue

Many of the benefits require significant IT updates

1. Automatic allocation of choice seating at 24 hours before departure with aisle/window preference stored

2. Discounted ticket change fees

3. Need a booking interface to book flights in the new system
Old Mar 10, 2016, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Got the email too. What a shambles !
Old Mar 10, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by KudosNI
Screenshot of mine
My apologies, I mis-understood that there was an offer or something for which I had to sign up. Looking at my statement I see the 250 points there

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.