DUB-BOS Nov 4, near empty flight

Old Nov 6, 2013, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: One Pass, BAEC, AA
DUB-BOS Nov 4, near empty flight

Lovely flight on Monday in biz class DUB-BOS. I like to get up regularly and walk the length of the plane during the flight. While it is quite normal for biz to have say only 6-8 people, on previous flights to New York, economy would be full full full. This was my first flight to Boston, and expected same.

On Monday, I am not sure if there were even 50 people. Loads of empty rows of 4 middle sections - amazing that NO ONE was making use of any of these in a "bed like" manner.

Spoke with the cabin crew, and was told how they "lucked out" - the later flight to Boston was apparently FULL as was the flight from Shannon. So they were perplexed (but very pleased) that the flight was so empty, as I was told nowadays, flights are normally very full.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
That is extremely unusual, as the load factor on TATL is 91.7 per cent.

Perhaps a very, very large group booking was cancelled at the last minute!!!

(On a day-time flight, less chance of people using their empty row as a bed! Unless they've also been travelling on other flights immediately prior to this sector)
Old Nov 7, 2013, 2:37 am

Programs: No longer bothered chasing FF status.
Was this the EI 137 by any chance ?

I ask, as we were booked DUB-BOS on the 137, as part of a larger EI/B6 itinerary for later in the month (Nov 24th) & got an eMail from Aer Lingus a couple of weeks ago, saying there was a change in schedule & to contact them. When we did, we found out that the 137 had been cancelled, leaving only the 139 flying that day. So we ended up getting a full refund & booking with BA via LHR.

So loads must be very much down on the BOS route, if they're dropping flights from the schedule & your experience of the flight on Monday being virtually empty, seems to confirm this !

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.