Search

BOS-DUB or DUB-BOS using Avios

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2013, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eireman
if you can not get 4 tix, try splitting up , there are 2 flights a day BOS/DUB

Also you could try BOS/SNN
There does seem to be more economy availability (according to expert flyer), flying BOS-SNN. Nothing available in business. Anybody flown this route on Avios?

I will have to call BA today and see if it matches expertflyer.

Dave
Old Oct 14, 2013, 12:42 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
In June of 2012, I booked my sister and brother-in-law BOS-SNN. They flew DUB-BOS for the return flight. This was in economy and the price was 25,000 Avios + $145 in taxes.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 7:20 am

I've been looking for Business Class availability in late August 2014 with no luck, from Orlando to Dublin. Looks like plenty of coach availability, but nothing in business. I sure hope something opens up soon.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by eireman
if you can not get 4 tix, try splitting up , there are 2 flights a day BOS/DUB

Also you could try BOS/SNN
Nice tip. There is more availability using UA miles. Haven't tried Avios yet.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Just a point of reference...

I noticed some economy availability showing up on ExpertFlyer (with 9 seats) for next summer. I called BA for one of those dates shown and they did have at least 4 economy seats available. Expert Flyer showed zero availability for business and BA confirmed that. I am still holding out longer hoping for some Business seats to open back up.

Dave
Old Oct 21, 2013, 1:37 pm

FYI when I booked DUB-ORD in business EF showed no availability. Called BA and they said they saw a ton.

Might be worth a 2(0) minute call depending on hold times just to make sure.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by kaipoman
FYI when I booked DUB-ORD in business EF showed no availability. Called BA and they said they saw a ton.

Might be worth a 2(0) minute call depending on hold times just to make sure.
How recently?
Old Oct 22, 2013, 7:40 pm

5 months or so. Flight is this Sunday actually.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 4:43 am

Programs: One Pass, BAEC, AA
In September, using UA award searches for beginning November flights, there was some availability on selected dates - none of which were really ideal for my plans.

Called BA, gave them the dates I thought would be available (based on UA search) but also indicated that I would prefer to go - and gave BA agent my dates.

In under a minute, he confirmed the dates I WANTED were available, 2 seats DUB-BOS and back BOS-DUB. 50,000 Avios + Ł78, with no telephone booking fee.

We are going a week on Monday - 4th flight this year with Aer Lingus (previous have been to New York) - pleased to see they will be starting pre-clearance again before our flights.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 7:14 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by forextrader
In September, using UA award searches for beginning November flights, there was some availability on selected dates - none of which were really ideal for my plans.

Called BA, gave them the dates I thought would be available (based on UA search) but also indicated that I would prefer to go - and gave BA agent my dates.

In under a minute, he confirmed the dates I WANTED were available, 2 seats DUB-BOS and back BOS-DUB. 50,000 Avios + Ł78, with no telephone booking fee.

We are going a week on Monday - 4th flight this year with Aer Lingus (previous have been to New York) - pleased to see they will be starting pre-clearance again before our flights.
Did you have to ask/argue for that or was it offered by the agent?
Old Oct 30, 2013, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by CC1972
I've had the agent forget to quote it when quoting the taxes etc, and I always say, "Thanks, I really appreciate you waiving the phone fee because it wasn't bookable online". Never had an agent reneg after that.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 8:47 pm

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Originally Posted by CC1972
Based on a QF search for flights (5 tickets in economy) this past April I called BA and they confirmed availability and CSR said phone-in fees would be waived. I did not have to request it. Of course YMMV.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 10:19 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Yosef
I've had the agent forget to quote it when quoting the taxes etc, and I always say, "Thanks, I really appreciate you waiving the phone fee because it wasn't bookable online". Never had an agent reneg after that.
Originally Posted by flyaxa
Based on a QF search for flights (5 tickets in economy) this past April I called BA and they confirmed availability and CSR said phone-in fees would be waived. I did not have to request it. Of course YMMV.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind when it's my turn to call.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by Yosef
Which of course isn't how it's meant to work...
Old Oct 31, 2013, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by stifle
Which of course isn't how it's meant to work...
All part of the fun.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.