Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Business-Class Lie-Flat-Seats from 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 25, 2015, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Aer Lingus New A330 and B757 Transatlantic Business Class

Thompson Aero Seating (Portadown) seating
Launched March 15, 2015; installed in all EI A330 aircraft.
  • Seats convert to two metre lie flat beds
  • 90% direct aisle access
  • Touchscreen seat controls
  • In-seat massage function
  • Personal AC and USB charging points
  • IFE 16 inch flat screen monitors with AVOD (from Inflight Dublin)
  • Storage space for shoes or laptop, tablet, water bottle
  • Personal reading LED spot lamp
  • On demand food and beverage service
  • Courtesy WiFi
Link to TheSeatMaps EI A330 seating guide

Link to Factorydesign publicity video / guide on YouTube (Video embedding seemingly not available in wikis)

Window seating (Factory Design)

Window and centre section (BoardingArea)

B757 roll out has commenced with EI-LBT and is expected to be completed by May 2016.
Print Wikipost

Business-Class Lie-Flat-Seats from 2015

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2016, 7:40 am

Aer Lingus don't operate any 757's. The airline itself is an all Airbus fleet.

Perhaps you should contact the airlines themselves if you require further clarification.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 8:04 am

thanks, I appreciate the help.

I was just confused, that's all
Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:54 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Shamrock125
Aer Lingus don't operate any 757's. The airline itself is an all Airbus fleet.

Perhaps you should contact the airlines themselves if you require further clarification.
That is just plain wrong. It operates A330s and the B757s which are leased in from ASL. From a pax perspective they are operated by EI.

In any case we have now established that that all EI longhaul feature the same seat (as very much in evidence in the pictures in this very thread).
Old Dec 6, 2016, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by starflyergold
That is just plain wrong. It operates A330s and the B757s which are leased in from ASL. From a pax perspective they are operated by EI.

How is that plain wrong? I was talking about Aer Lingus as a company, who operate the A320, A321 & A330 types. ASL operate the 757's. Stobart operate the ATR's. Omni operate 767's when it has been required.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 5:55 am

The EI website used to list 757s and ASL operated 757s on flights to IAD, both types in the same week, it just said 757 for one time/day and "operated by ASL" for another time/day, hence I was confused if they were all operated by ASL
Old Dec 7, 2016, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by nmh1204
The EI website used to list 757s and ASL operated 757s on flights to IAD, both types in the same week, it just said 757 for one time/day and "operated by ASL" for another time/day, hence I was confused if they were all operated by ASL
The ASL website is in need of updating. Sorry if I was confusing you further. Not sure why one flight was showing operated by ASL and the other was not.

The 757's are all operated by ASL, but they are in EI livery, have the full EI interior and EI cabin crew. They originally had a 2+2 layout in business when they were introduced, but were all refitted with the same J cabin as the A330's earlier this year.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Shamrock125
Not sure why one flight was showing operated by ASL and the other was not.
It was around May or June when this was showing, now they all say Operated by ASL so I didn't know if they had had the new seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.