Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No.1: Aer Lingus Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2016, 5:32 am

Programs: EI Gold
Hi,

As a Gold Circle member can a passenger travelling in economy on EI-ticket number (but United metal) to connect to another EI flight (i.e. EI6430 YYZ-ORD and then EI124 ORD-DUB) use the EI-designated lounge in YYZ?

Apologies for the basic question - first time not flying direct with EI.

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
EI and UA operate from two physically distinct terminals at YYZ. Therefore, I don't think you will able to physically access the KLM in Terminal 3 (used by Aer Lingus at YYZ) when you fly from Terminal 1 with United.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
Heading back home to Dublin from the States via Heathrow for the first time in 5 years with our three year old What is the GC Lounge at Heathrow like compared to the old lounge in T1 ?

Thinking of paying the $ for it, assuming we have to pay for her also ?
Old Oct 6, 2016, 11:34 am

Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
There's a mouse in the house.

For those of you who suffer from Musophobia the Sky Lounge in Frankfurt may not be for you. Fun and games tonight as a shriek went up and a lady shouted "mouse". Didn't see it myself but she was adamant.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 8:49 am

I'm flying J with EI in February with a onward connection in ORD with UA (United First).

Am I correct in thinking that I can access the UA lounge in T1 by showing the boarding passes?

Its not a huge deal if I can't, the connection is only 2 hours 10 mins, just wouldn't mind a quick look at their remodeled lounge (should be completed at that point) and a coffee.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 12:04 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Yup if flying via ORD show your EI biz class boarding card for access at the UA lounge
Old Oct 14, 2016, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by ROKNA
Yup if flying via ORD show your EI biz class boarding card for access at the UA lounge
Thanks
Old Oct 15, 2016, 2:59 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
I'm assuming its all on the same ticket
Old Oct 17, 2016, 4:20 am

Yep, one ticket, booked through EI.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 5:46 am

Programs: Gold Actually
Originally Posted by ROKNA
BA Gold and Sliver can use DUB and LHR lounges ONLY and ONLY if flying DUB-LHR/LGW with EI. There is no access anywhere else.
Can they guest in +1 if flying on the same ticket?
Old Oct 19, 2016, 5:53 am

No guest is my current understanding but your milage may vary

There is a very clear notice on the reception desk of the access rules for BAEC
Old Oct 22, 2016, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by Castle25
Can they guest in +1 if flying on the same ticket?
No guest.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 4:35 am

Programs: EI Aer Club Platinum; AF/KLM Flying Blue; IHG Rewards Platinum Elite; Hilton Honors Silver.
Now that Aer Club has launched, is there any clarity regarding lounge access?

Tier benefit table indicates that Silver, Platinum and Concierge members have "lounge access" (no guest for silver), and Platinum and Concierge also have partner airline lounge access (BA etc). But what about lounges operated by airport or handling company? Previous comments on other threads have suggested this is for Platinum and Concierge members only but nowhere (that I can find) is that stated on the website.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 6:00 am

If you are Platinum/Concierge same rules as GC apply, same lounges as well as confirmation of access to 51st State in Dublin

If Silver its just DUB/LHR/JFK

You are unlikely to be turned away with a valid GC card until the end of December as no one will have the card until next week at the earliest

If the IT has been updated they should have status on the boarding cards thus eliminating the need for the card in the first place in DUB/LHR/JFK

Outstations will still need the card, EI isn't exactly quick to update the contact locations when rules change so no panic for the next week at least
Old Jan 26, 2017, 8:54 pm

Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
LAX Lounge

Air Canada lounge used at present. Very nice decor and not too busy. Guinness on tap and you pull your own pint.....nice. Wish we had the same in Dublin. No hot food so headed downstairs to buy a meal. You are not allowed to consume cooked food in the lounge. Told that it was against the law. Funny that. The Virgin lounge across from the AC lounge serves hot food and allows guests to bring in their own. However, this issue does did not negatively impact a very pleasant few hours in the Air Canada looking lounge. P.S....lounge wifi did not work.

Last edited by trustno1; Jan 27, 2017 at 11:31 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.