Search

Cashing In EI Gold Circle Points

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2012, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aer Lingus
Cashing In EI Gold Circle Points

Hi All,

I've finally got to the point where I nearly have enough Gold Circle points to book a DUB - MCO flight for free.

I have three questions about this - if anyone can shed any light on this I'd be grateful:

1) I assume I'll still have to pay taxes?
2)
Does the 6,000 points get me a one way or a return?
3) Do you know if there are many restrictions on booking tickets through the use of Gold Circle points rather than in cash?

Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks
Old Jul 26, 2012, 7:00 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
  1. Yep, as inevitable as death, but at least the taxes on EI are not too bad compared to some other airlines
  2. 6k will get you your choice of one-way or return (same price); personally, I'd call and ask about upgrade availability on your chosen dates and pay for a Y fare and upgrade it. Much nicer way to go.
  3. There are always cash fares, not always reward seats, if you're flexible, you can usually find something. If you have Prestige or Elite status, they will often request seats to be made available for you.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 3:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aer Lingus
Thanks for the clarification.

Good point about the Y fare - I'm travelling with my other half and won't have 8000 points so I'm afraid that's out! Maybe I could blag a second upgrade so might still take my chances with that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.