Wiki Posts
Search

Aegean Airlines Miles & Bonus

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2011, 7:08 am
mxr

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by dsauch
this reminds me of a person on marriott forum who called marriott to snitch on forum members who were using one of the promotions in a way that s/he thought was not appropriate...

as was described one would supposedly get access to lounges while on a domestic trip in US, and or *G benefits at the lowest level in *A.
For some people it would be enough.
im not such a person, so no worries. But I really dont like the idea that it seems like most of the people taking advantage of A3 are from the US. You should feel bad taking advantage of a carrier from a broke country
Old Sep 21, 2011, 11:39 pm

Programs: NH Plat
Just a brief summary of my (short) experiences so far with this FFP:

OZ: unable of to add A3 number whilst booking online and when I 'phoned they hadn't heard of A3. Emailing customer services got my number added with no problem. Miles posted automatically within 48 hours of flights.

Account upgraded 2 days after miles needed for Gold posted. Was told card would take 2 months to be delivered. (4 weeks and counting so far).

ANA: A3 number added online during booking, no problem (A3 is a drop-down option). Used my ANA smart card instead of a boarding pass, tapping smart card at domestic lounge gave a green light based on A3*G, so entry no problem even without A3 gold card. Tapping card at gate recognised my status and allowed priority boarding. Miles posted with 48 hours

All excellent so far. Thanks for all advice from this board.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 2:38 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mxr
thats exactly what I ment... minimum mileage accrual with aegean of 2000 miles / year would be enough already imo.

Also, you are missing out on both A3 *S and A3 *G benefits if your not flying A3 (emergency exit rows etc... I doubt you get those on US carriers with A3 status).
I haven't missed an exit row yet!
Old Sep 23, 2011, 6:59 pm

the table is somewhat confusing, i think "As of February 1st, 2011" refers to the table on the bottom. But then is table at the top prior or after 02/01/11?

ANA for example has dates assigned to both top and bottom tables, so its easier to understand.
W fare on Continental earns 100% now (after 2/1/2011)
Old Sep 24, 2011, 11:35 am

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Originally Posted by blr1222
W fare on Continental earns 100% now (after 2/1/2011)
thank you.
What if its a United ticket, but all flights operated by continental?
Both sites show all tickets as W, but United W earns 50%..
I believe it is based on operating carrier, is that right?
Old Sep 24, 2011, 11:45 am

Programs: A3 Gold, QF Silver
Have replied a few times on the excellence of this award program, now let's get into specifics

Left Australia on the 19th of August on NZ. Booking slip showed my *G status and on the SYD-AKL sector got an immediate upgrade (didnt even ask for it...thanks, NZ) for both myself and my traveling companion.

As per *G policy I was immediately allowed entry into the Lounge and was further given a Priority Pass to go through Customs. At SYD, there were 4 officers clearing the Priority line and only 2 on the 'normal' line; believe me when I say it was quick and a nice perk to boot. (only wish they had a pass for the LAX customs line)

In the States since then and have been using US Airways for all my connections; found them to be professional and courteous. Each time you go to the Lounge (no matter which *A carriers lounge) show your card to confirm status.
Wont say too much about baggage handlers though, they've already wrecked one bag I started the journey with and now proceeding to kill the new one I purchased....oh well.

In the United States there is a baggage fee, per bag, per sector. My itinerary is as follows: LAX-PHX, PHX-YVR, YVR-PHX, PHX-JFK, JFK-CLT, CLT-BWI, DCA-CLT,CLT-MIA, MIA-CLT, CLT-MSY, MSY-CLT, CLT-LAS, LAS-SFO, SFO-HNL, HNL-PHX, PHX-LAX. All on US Airways.
A total of 16 sectors, with 2 bags per sector at a cost of $25 per bag and that's a massive saving of $800.00.

Factor in the Lounges and the waiving of the priority seating charges (have had my seating changed a couple of times to further forward), mileage accrual, helpful service; I'm very happy being an A3 Gold.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Miles and more Senator, Matmid Silver, AAdvantage GLD, Starwood
Originally Posted by halion
Have replied a few times on the excellence of this award program, now let's get into specifics

Left Australia on the 19th of August on NZ. Booking slip showed my *G status and on the SYD-AKL sector got an immediate upgrade (didnt even ask for it...thanks, NZ) for both myself and my traveling companion.

As per *G policy I was immediately allowed entry into the Lounge and was further given a Priority Pass to go through Customs. At SYD, there were 4 officers clearing the Priority line and only 2 on the 'normal' line; believe me when I say it was quick and a nice perk to boot. (only wish they had a pass for the LAX customs line)

In the States since then and have been using US Airways for all my connections; found them to be professional and courteous. Each time you go to the Lounge (no matter which *A carriers lounge) show your card to confirm status.
Wont say too much about baggage handlers though, they've already wrecked one bag I started the journey with and now proceeding to kill the new one I purchased....oh well.

In the United States there is a baggage fee, per bag, per sector. My itinerary is as follows: LAX-PHX, PHX-YVR, YVR-PHX, PHX-JFK, JFK-CLT, CLT-BWI, DCA-CLT,CLT-MIA, MIA-CLT, CLT-MSY, MSY-CLT, CLT-LAS, LAS-SFO, SFO-HNL, HNL-PHX, PHX-LAX. All on US Airways.
A total of 16 sectors, with 2 bags per sector at a cost of $25 per bag and that's a massive saving of $800.00.

Factor in the Lounges and the waiving of the priority seating charges (have had my seating changed a couple of times to further forward), mileage accrual, helpful service; I'm very happy being an A3 Gold.
Having just received gold status myself, I share in some of your experiences. Truly pleasurable.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 1:11 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
thank you.
Operating carrier ^
Old Sep 24, 2011, 3:58 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
Operating carrier ^
Speaking of that, I have another question. Booked myself a flight home from PVG to ARN with LX via ZRH. Last sector is operated by SAS as a codeshare, and the LX booking class is P. So question now is, will I earn the 2K miles from LX on this flight or will I earn the 2,4K miles that I would've earned if flying SAS. Then again the booking class P isn't available on SAS, so what does this mean then?? Basically this last flight is what'll qualify me for Gold, and I don't feel like going on some pointless mileage run just for those extra 2K... (worst case suppose I have to, since otherwise I won't get gold hehe)

Last edited by LH4116; Sep 24, 2011 at 6:01 pm
Old Sep 24, 2011, 7:23 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by LH4116
Speaking of that, I have another question. Booked myself a flight home from PVG to ARN with LX via ZRH. Last sector is operated by SAS as a codeshare, and the LX booking class is P. So question now is, will I earn the 2K miles from LX on this flight or will I earn the 2,4K miles that I would've earned if flying SAS. Then again the booking class P isn't available on SAS, so what does this mean then?? Basically this last flight is what'll qualify me for Gold, and I don't feel like going on some pointless mileage run just for those extra 2K... (worst case suppose I have to, since otherwise I won't get gold hehe)
Check online or call SK to see in which booking class LX's P-cl is mapped.. After receiving this information, open the A3 internet site and check how many miles the mapped SK RBD gives you...

Last edited by Air Rarotonga; Sep 24, 2011 at 7:29 pm
Old Sep 25, 2011, 12:30 am

As a CO gold who has been bushwhacked and milejacked by the ''new UA'' devastations to Milage Plus (Milage Minus?), as have silvers, I am wondering about Aegean as an alternative. I live and work in the region, and have taken Aegean flights before they were part of *A. Unfortunately, actually flying them has been less convenient after they pulled out of OTP.

One question, is how financially stable they are, given the real problems in the Greek economy? I would want an airline that is going to be around if I use it as my main milage program.

*Gold for lounge access is a minor issue for me as my corporate Diners Club card already gives me extensive free lounge access.

My concerns with the ff program are:
1) What elite bonus miles, if any does elite status give you at Aegean. I cannot seem to find that on the website.
2) What partner airlines earn elite bonus miles?
3) How is availibility of award tickets? Is there any *net blocking as at UA?
4) How are they at charging YQ on award tickets? What airlines do they do that on and how bad is the YQ amount?
Old Sep 25, 2011, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by Carolinian
As a CO gold who has been bushwhacked and milejacked by the ''new UA'' devastations to Milage Plus (Milage Minus?), as have silvers, I am wondering about Aegean as an alternative. I live and work in the region, and have taken Aegean flights before they were part of *A. Unfortunately, actually flying them has been less convenient after they pulled out of OTP.

One question, is how financially stable they are, given the real problems in the Greek economy? I would want an airline that is going to be around if I use it as my main milage program.

*Gold for lounge access is a minor issue for me as my corporate Diners Club card already gives me extensive free lounge access.

My concerns with the ff program are:
1) What elite bonus miles, if any does elite status give you at Aegean. I cannot seem to find that on the website.
2) What partner airlines earn elite bonus miles?
3) How is availibility of award tickets? Is there any *net blocking as at UA?
4) How are they at charging YQ on award tickets? What airlines do they do that on and how bad is the YQ amount?
A3 is a profitable airline the last time I checked, so financial stability should be ok - of course if the entire Greek economy collapsed, they would lose a lot of their demand, which would be bad...

1)no elite bonus unfortunately - however, the premium class bonuses are extremely generous
2)No elite bonus miles...
3)No *net blocking as far as I could see when I booked. If the availability is there, you should be able to book. Call center is very professional and helpful...
4)YQ is not sky high, but not cheap either... varies based on marketing carrier... (a good way to cut down on YQ is to try to get an award on a codeshare)
Old Sep 25, 2011, 8:58 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Check online or call SK to see in which booking class LX's P-cl is mapped.. After receiving this information, open the A3 internet site and check how many miles the mapped SK RBD gives you...
Booking class P on LX is in Business class, a standard fare and not an Y cl based upgrade fare. Hopefully they'll let me sit in C. On SAS one C segment gives a minimum of 2,4K miles although P as in Business Class is not available on SAS. On the LX MM calculator they counted in the same amount of miles as earned in C on their flights.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 9:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Originally Posted by LH4116
On SAS one C segment gives a minimum of 2,4K miles although P as in Business Class is not available on SAS.
No, it doesn't. C on SAS earns 200% of actual mileage (with a minimum earning rate of 1200). ZRH-ARN is about 925 miles so you'll earn 200% of that, i.e. 1850 miles.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 10:55 am

thank you.
Ya it's based on operating carrier. You should be fine. If it credits as 50%, I'd dispute it with Aegean.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.