Search

Miles Tips

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2011, 1:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, FB Petroleum Club, HH Gold, A-Club Platinum
Miles Tips

I will fire first.

When you fly From UK to Greece or Greece to UK on Economy, try to book via bmi.

BD codeshares with A3 on the UK-Greece route and some of their cheapest fares (usually are even cheaper from what A3 sells on its website) will give you 100% of the miles in the M&B programme. If you book it from A3 and try to credit this flight in M&B you will get only 500 miles and you will probably pay more.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 1:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
100%? You mean cheap BD codeshares map to A3 semiflex fare buckets for 1000 fixed miles? Can you list specific mapping examples?
Old Nov 27, 2011, 1:33 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
100%? You mean cheap BD codeshares map to A3 semiflex fare buckets for 1000 fixed miles? Can you list specific mapping examples?
+1, if OP could provide some mapping examples on these codeshares, it would be appreciated.

My advice:

In the US, flying cheapo economy, choose UACO for really short segments for the 500 mile minimum, but fly US for the mid/longhaul flights, to get the 100% of miles (compared to 50% from UACO)
Old Nov 27, 2011, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Edi-lhr-ath-her

If you book from A3 the price for random dates (17/1-20/1), is Ł597 on their saver fare (minimum miles apply). 2400 miles for the return, total.

If you book via bmi, the price is Ł485. But will book you on U,S,S,S,S,K.

U,S gives you 150% of the miles (minimum 750) and K will give you 100% (minimum 500).

You will get 7250 miles, for the return. If my calculation is right.

This is excellent for the Greek students here, as many of them are getting *G only by flying home 3 times a year.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by potakas; Nov 27, 2011 at 1:52 am
Old Nov 27, 2011, 1:53 am

'S' is the BD codeshare fare bucket. That doesn't automatically mean it maps to 'S' on A3. Miles & Bonus earning on A3 metal is fixed mileage not percentage based. You don't earn BD mileage rates just because the flights are BD coded.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 1:55 am
Original Poster

A bmi "S" bucket will give you 150% of the miles. Am I saying anything wrong?

http://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbonu...arn-miles/#BMI
Old Nov 27, 2011, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by potakas
Am I saying anything wrong?
Apart from EDI-LHR-EDI, you're not flying on bmi, you're flying on A3, crediting to A3. So for LHR-ATH-HER-ATH-LHR, it's the A3 table you calculate from; your earnings will based on which fare bucket your BD 'S' maps to on A3.

With Star Alliance, it's the carrier that counts for earning purposes, not the codeshare.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 2:06 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Codeshares in *A are a bit confusing.

Since the operating carrier buys the miles, you get miles based on the operating booking class. So if you buy from BD an S fare, you get credited depending on the fare BD bought from A3.

So if BD buys a Y fare from A3, you get points based on A3 Y fares.
If BD buys a non-earning fare class from A3, you are SOL with no miles.

People on AC have been having a big problem with this, since AC buys non-earning fare classes from SQ and TG, so they don't get miles.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 2:17 am

At this time, the only A3 fare buckets, ones that A3 use anyway, that map across Star Alliance partners for codeshare purposes are....

C, D, Y, B, M, H, Q, V, W

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.