Wiki Posts
Search

Aegean Madrid Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2017, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Aegean Madrid Lounge

Can anyone provide me with info on the following trip? I am flying MAD-ATH-IST in September. I assume Aegean do not have their own lounge in Madrid. Do they use a fellow Star lounge or a third party lounge?
As the ATH-IST sector is on OA (Q400) I am not expecting lounge access in ATH. I am flying in Y and have Air NZ gold elite status and will be a long way from home.
Thanks in advance
CHCflyer
Old Jul 22, 2017, 8:47 pm

Haven't been in Madrid for a long time, so I can't help you there. As far as your stay in ATH is concerned, though, you should have access to the A3 lounge. The flight to IST is a "regular" A3 flight operated as a "wet lease" by OA during the summer months. This is not the same situation as with the domestic A3 flights that are code-shared with, and operated by OA on A3 planes. So, irrespective of being a long way from home (), you'll be let in. Keep in mind that the A3 lounge is in the B area (intra-Schengen), so go there straight after arrival from Madrid without going through the luggage retrieval area (you avoid the security check) and think of moving to the A area (Schengen) allowing time for your passport control, security and the long walk.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 11:13 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
1) According to the *A website, a *G flying Y on A3 should get access to the Sala VIP Puerta de Alcalá.

2) At ATH, as a *G flying Y on A3, you should get access to the following:

In B - Both the A3 and LH lounges, which happen to be literally next door to each other.
In A - Swissport Executive Lounge
Old Jul 23, 2017, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Thanks fellow-flyertalkers. The ATH lounge is a bonus through the connection is under two hours so not sure how much time I will have to enjoy it.
i have about 20 flights around Europe for this summer trip and looking forward to each flight and each city I see (from Oslo to Lisbon, Istanbul to Dublin).
Old Jul 23, 2017, 2:03 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Too bad Athens is not on that list

I'd say that if your flights are on time you should be able to have about an hour in the Lufthansa lounge. I'm suggesting you try that one since you will arrive in the Shengen area (so its just a few minutes walk from the arrival gate), and, it will have the best food of all of them. An hour should be plenty for lunch there
Old Jul 23, 2017, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Too bad Athens is not on that list

I'd say that if your flights are on time you should be able to have about an hour in the Lufthansa lounge. I'm suggesting you try that one since you will arrive in the Shengen area (so its just a few minutes walk from the arrival gate), and, it will have the best food of all of them. An hour should be plenty for lunch there
Thanks Xandrios,

Our Greek connections are actually still in Istanbul (Constantinople to them) rather than in Athens. Hence the Aegean flight and the trip to IST rather than ATH. We may find time to head up to Kifissia on the way back
Old Jul 23, 2017, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Can confirm that it's the Puerta de Alcala lounge just after Security, near D40 if memory serves.
You can also access the Puerta del Sol lounge in the E gates if your flight happens to be departing from there.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 12:39 am

BTW: There is a faster security check in MAD. But you need a special sticker or stamp on your boarding pass. Your *G card and imprint on the boarding pass alone will not suffice.

You have to specifically request that sticker/stamp at th A3 checkin desk - which is especially silly if you don't have any bags to check.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.