Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Domestic business class: still?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2017, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Domestic business class: still?

I just checked in for a HER-ATH flight tomorrow with only business class seats available (everything else sold out). Strange, I thought they had abolished this: there was no business class in flights to/from HER last month.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 1:39 am

I think C class was reinstated since June/5th for ATH-CHQ, ATH-HER, ATH-RHO (was never stopped for ATH-CFU, ATH-SKG).
Old Jun 7, 2017, 1:31 pm

Programs: M&M Frequent Flyer, A3 GOLD
Originally Posted by KLouis
I just checked in for a HER-ATH flight tomorrow with only business class seats available (everything else sold out). Strange, I thought they had abolished this: there was no business class in flights to/from HER last month.
That's true, business class is again visible since recently...
Two months ago I asked for HER-ATH coupon upgrade (I class was available) but was put on waiting list and the next day business disappeared.
Two days ago I noticed again availability of business (I class), called again and was immediately upgraded on 11/06 morning flight.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 2:58 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
It wasn't available earlier this month for ATH-HER but I see it's available again mid-month.

In reality it was like being in J as I was seated in front of the divider (which was still there) and I did not have a neighbour, but I was disappointed that J had disappeared. It's nice to see it make a return.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Indeed, I flew C on Friday, HER-ATH. Personally I couldn't care less for the 35 min. flight. In actual terms, it means 4 fewer seats availablee on the flight when you absolutely have to fly. Of course when the business class seats are all taken, as was the case, A3 do make a lot of money at the price they're selling them.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by KLouis
Personally I couldn't care less for the 35 min.
Handy for not letting the voucher needlessly expire though
Old Jun 12, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Handy for not letting the voucher needlessly expire though
I'd rather give it away to a friend (or another FTer through coupon connection) to be honest... It would be much more valuable to them!
Old Jun 12, 2017, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by blackball
I'd rather give it away to a friend (or another FTer through coupon connection) to be honest... It would be much more valuable to them!
When you have a piece of excess baggage & heavy bags > 23kg that you'd have had to pay for if you had been in Y, you might think again

I'm shuffling sailing and diving equipment back and forth so I sometimes have a frightful amount of luggage.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 12:36 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
I'm shuffling sailing and diving equipment back and forth so I sometimes have a frightful amount of luggage.
Those of us that know and have met LTN Phobia will recognise this problem!

Mind you, they say the first stage of any addiction is to admit to yourself you have it, so perhaps there's hope for her yet
Old Jun 12, 2017, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Those of us that know and have met LTN Phobia will recognise this problem!

Mind you, they say the first stage of any addiction is to admit to yourself you have it, so perhaps there's hope for her yet
Lucky that FT rules prevents rude words from being expressed

Horses for courses. Baggage charges avoidance is not the normal use of an upgrade voucher, I know. But when the needs must!

There is of course that espresso. That would be my other excuse.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 3:17 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
When you have a piece of excess baggage & heavy bags > 23kg that you'd have had to pay for if you had been in Y, you might think again

Well, then I'd rather give it away to you
Old Jun 15, 2017, 1:22 am

Can someone confirm if Business Class is available from ATH-RHO this month?
Old Jun 15, 2017, 2:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yanos
Can someone confirm if Business Class is available from ATH-RHO this month?
It's easily done by yourself: go to the booking engine and search for availability on the dates you plan to fly. Nobody can confirm it better than that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.