Wiki Posts
Search

Award redemption sweet spot?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Gold
Award redemption sweet spot?

I've just noticed what may be a sweet spot in the redemption chart. It seems that the Canary Islands and Madeira are in the Central and Southern Africa region, so only 25k return in Y, 42k return in J :-) TFN-MUC-JNB anyone? Could be very interesting for me, as someone who travels regularly to South Africa from Europe.

signol
Old Feb 24, 2017, 1:16 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Would transferring in MUC be allowed, as that is out of the region?
Old Feb 24, 2017, 10:49 pm

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
If you check the 'Meilenrechner', it displays 40k/70k as miles needed for this routing.
The amount indicated by OP would only be valid if he stays in 1 zone - but Munich is outside. Maybe a connecting flight with Ethiopian is possible ?
Old Feb 25, 2017, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by Carpacchio
If you check the 'Meilenrechner', it displays 40k/70k as miles needed for this routing.
The amount indicated by OP would only be valid if he stays in 1 zone - but Munich is outside. Maybe a connecting flight with Ethiopian is possible ?
I've never seen a Meilenrechner in the A3 (M+B) site, isn't it a M&M tool? If yes, this has nothing to do with the way that A3 calculates miles, regions, etc.

At any rate, when I was planning my return from PTY to MU, the price through BOG was calculated differently than through MEX or MIA, as I was entering a different region/zone, even if only for a 3 hours connection (no stopover). In the OP's case this would be Africa->Europe->Africa...

Last edited by KLouis; Feb 25, 2017 at 1:35 am
Old Feb 25, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Thinking back to the wonderful US Dividend Miles time, when Russia was still in the Asia zone... LED VIE ZRH MAD BKK NRT and back in F for 40k cheapest deal ever!
Old Feb 27, 2017, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Would transferring in MUC be allowed, as that is out of the region?
I haven't found any rules stating not...

signol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.