Segment question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2016, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
Segment question

Last week I flew to ATH through IST.

LHR-IST was a TK issued ticket - TK Metal
IST-ATH was a TK issued ticket (I think, because it was stock 235) A3 operated flight.

Does the IST-ATH leg counts towards re-qualification as an Aegean operated flight as it was on A3 metal?

Happy New Year!

Last edited by DrHalxx; Dec 27, 2016 at 5:02 am
Old Dec 27, 2016, 4:54 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Most probably yes; the A3 flights that I have flown as a LH codeshare were always credited as an A3 flight. When credited as A3 it will automatically count as a segment

In fact, even a RO (Skyteam!) issued ticket, with RO-flightnumbers, operated by A3, was successfully credited to M+B. The flight didn't get added to my FlyingBlue account (according to Skyteam rules), so it was open to be credited to A3. Only required an (instant) retro-credit since FlyingBlue number was in the booking.

Last edited by Xandrios; Dec 27, 2016 at 5:00 am
Old Dec 27, 2016, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by DrHalxx

Does the IST-ATH leg counts towards re-qualification as an Aegean operated flight as it was on A3 metal?
Yes it does. I have had a IST-ATH on TK flight number operated by A3 and it classed as a A3 seg. it did take a bit longer to post though maybe about 3 days longer. As long as it posts as an earning class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.