Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

*G baggage allowances on A3 international/OA domestic routes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2016, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ PPS, TK Elite Gold

Does anyone have experience regarding *G baggage allowance in a combination of an A3 flight, say LHR-ATH, followed by a domestic one operated by A3 for OA, say ATH-CFU? (both flights on the same PNR, same date)

In the past you could take the additional free *G baggage (23kg usually) but I am told that now this only applies to the A3 coded international flight but not the OA domestic one (even though the latter one is flown on A3 metal).

If so this does not make much sense.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by stripakis
Does anyone have experience regarding *G baggage allowance in a combination of an A3 flight, say LHR-ATH, followed by a domestic one operated by A3 for OA, say ATH-CFU? (both flights on the same PNR, same date)

In the past you could take the additional free *G baggage (23kg usually) but I am told that now this only applies to the A3 coded international flight but not the OA domestic one (even though the latter one is flown on A3 metal).

If so this does not make much sense.
Who told you that? Just a couple of weeks ago I flew such an itinerary and my ticket included the "extra" piece on both segments (didn't use it, though)!
Old Dec 16, 2016, 11:18 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by KLouis
Who told you that? Just a couple of weeks ago I flew such an itinerary and my ticket included the "extra" piece on both segments (didn't use it, though)!
Ah but is the OP meaning as just a Generic *G rather than M&B Gold? If so it could be an issue as *G benefits are not valid on OA, although for a through transef on the same PNR I would think the baggabe allowance for the longer flight should be given anyway. What do they expect you to do? Check two bags at LHR and collect ONE of them at ATH?
Old Dec 17, 2016, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLouis
I am *G with SQ not A3. On the ticket information it is written that the additional *G extra piece is OK on the A3 segment, LHR-ATH, but there is a blank on the ATH-CFU segment which is OA but 'operated by A3'.

Maybe there was no problem with you in case you are *G with Aegean.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Knobbgb
Ah but is the OP meaning as just a Generic *G rather than M&B Gold? If so it could be an issue as *G benefits are not valid on OA, although for a through transef on the same PNR I would think the baggabe allowance for the longer flight should be given anyway. What do they expect you to do? Check two bags at LHR and collect ONE of them at ATH?
I guess they expect some payment for the 'extra piece' on the domestic OA leg. But this should be done at the check-in at LHR as the 2 pieces will be checked through to CFU.

Will keep you posted.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 5:01 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I thought that all the domestic flights, connected to an international flight, would always book as an Aegean codeshare? Thus A3xxx flight numbers rather than OAxxx flight numbers?

My suspicion is that they will allow two bags, isn't there some kind of rule regarding most significant leg on the journey anyway? Where the longest leg dictates the terms, rather than the strictest terms of any of the legs in the itinerary.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 12:42 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
It's the same way for *G members: Additional bag available on SQ but none on MI...
Old Jan 7, 2017, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Just to update you: baggage (2 items) checked in at LHR all the way to CFU no problem. Domestic flight from ATH to CFU, booked as A3, flown on A3 metal, printed as OAxxx on boarding pass. All usual *G boarding announcements made at gate in ATH.
Is OA becoming a silent *A member?
Old Jan 7, 2017, 6:59 pm

No! M+B happens to be OA's FF programme as well...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.