Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Saver fare - understanding this fare family

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2016, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond

I've decided to open a new thread on this topic to make it easier for anybody searching at a later date.

After a recent discussion in this thread (starting at post #1273) I sought to try and understand what exactly the Saver fare is. Some flight searches result in the choice of GoLight, Flex, and Business fares; while other searches display Saver, Flex and Business - but why?

I tried to find information about this fare on Aegean's website, but have been unable to find any reference.
Attached Images   

Last edited by headingwest; Dec 5, 2016 at 4:13 am
Old Dec 5, 2016, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
On further investigation I noticed on the 'Baggage Allowance' page of Aegean's website that for flights from/to Saudi Arabia and Iran the baggage allowance is based on the weight concept - thus allowing 30kg in total (up to 5 bags) on these economy flights. Therefore, there is no GoLight fare offered on flights from/to these countries. If you have a multi-sector booking from/to these destinations, then the 30kg allowance applies to the whole itinerary. On the 'Add Baggage' webpage there is a specific column for routes from/to Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Iran.

This seems to match perfectly with what I've already noticed - itineraries from/to Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Iran all seem to offer the Saver fare as the cheapest option, presumably because a completely different baggage policy is applied - hence the different fare family.

So, for the purpose of upgrades using the Silver or Gold members' upgrade coupons, I imagine that the Saver fare family is eligible in all fare buckets - as it isn't GoLight.

This is my understanding of the Saver fare family.
Attached Images  

Last edited by headingwest; Dec 5, 2016 at 5:02 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.