Wiki Posts
Search

Why I'm falling in love with Aegean

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2016, 5:02 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
FYI: LH Lounge is closed for revovation, A3 Lounge is zooooooo

I flew back to WAW this morning (yet another wonderful flight), but please be aware that LH Lounge is closed for renovations and during the morning peak A3 Lounge was a zoooooo (even worse than the EWR UA Clubs zoo).
Old Nov 28, 2016, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TPJ
I flew back to WAW this morning (yet another wonderful flight)
Great to hear!

I didn't know they were renovating the Lufthansa Lounge, that's good news too! ^
Old Nov 28, 2016, 6:20 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by TPJ
I flew back to WAW this morning (yet another wonderful flight), but please be aware that LH Lounge is closed for renovations and during the morning peak A3 Lounge was a zoooooo (even worse than the EWR UA Clubs zoo).
Yeah, I flew yesterday and was forced to use the A3 lounge. I lasted about 5 mins in the craziness, then left :P

Good news about the LH lounge, we'll have a refreshed interior to go with the nice food and whiskies
Old Nov 28, 2016, 7:19 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Originally Posted by TPJ
Well LH have a bit of a quiet flying time at the moment so they may as well use the opportunity to refurbish the lounge while there are hardly any passengers.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 3:28 pm

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
When are the renovations over?
Old Dec 2, 2016, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA
Flew A3 for the first time last week and it was a delight. Captain announcement were very informative (flight plan, cities we're flying over, conditions, etc.), had 3-4 drinks services on a 3 hour flight, good meal, friendly crew. Will definitely take them again.

Can confirm A3 lounge at ATH was packed and very warm. LH still closed. I went to a few of the Priority Pass contract lounges but neither was as good as the A3 lounge. LH wifi still works though and you can access it from the A3 lounge if theirs seems too slow.

Last edited by thejaredhuang; Dec 2, 2016 at 5:19 pm
Old Jan 16, 2017, 3:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
My first 4 A3 flights finally happened this weekend!

First the positives:
Good priority boarding
Edible food and enough drinks
Friendly crew
Ability to last minute see seat map and change seats in-app

Negatives:
Dreadful ATH lounges (both in A and B gates)
Not a great connection experience - reclearing ATH security (though nowhere near as bad as LHR connections)
No WIFI internet onboard

Will I fly them again? Absolutely
Will I fly LHR-ATH-CDG as a sensible connection? Probably NOT
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:11 am

^^^ I love that A3 has an attentive crew and friendly. Agree with you on most of the upper part but Do we need WIFI on board ??
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:49 am

Wifi will come eventually and it is seen as a big further enhancement to the product. Coupled that with new lounge at ATH its nice to see an airline invest in their customer base rather then try to shaft them !
Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:04 pm

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Wifi will come eventually and it is seen as a big further enhancement to the product. Coupled that with new lounge at ATH its nice to see an airline invest in their customer base rather then try to shaft them !
You're talking about the Schengen lounge which is going to be renovated I guess?

Any news about the new lounge in the non-schengen area? It looks like it's going to be goldair branded,this is also what the lounge dragoon at the swissport lounge told me last sunday
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
Flew A3 for the first time last week and it was a delight. Captain announcement were very informative (flight plan, cities we're flying over, conditions, etc.), had 3-4 drinks services on a 3 hour flight, good meal, friendly crew. Will definitely take them again.

Can confirm A3 lounge at ATH was packed and very warm. LH still closed. I went to a few of the Priority Pass contract lounges but neither was as good as the A3 lounge. LH wifi still works though and you can access it from the A3 lounge if theirs seems too slow.
The service on A3 is what really sets them apart (in my opinion). I had business class upgrade vouchers, but wasn't able to utilize them over the phone. I went to a ticketing counter in ATH, figuring I wouldn't be able to get the upgrade, as the terms and conditions require you to call a dedicated line, but I explained my situation and the agent made all the calls to the M+B customer service line and was able to get me my upgrade in about 10 minutes.

Mind you, the business class section is just a regular economy seat with the middle seat blocked, but the service and the food are top of the line. If they update their hard product in business, they will be tough to beat in Europe.

Love love love Aegean, and Greece is just such a great place to be.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by always_solo
...Mind you, the business class section is just a regular economy seat with the middle seat blocked, but the service and the food are top of the line. If they update their hard product in business, they will be tough to beat in Europe...
To my knowledge there is not a single European airline left that still has a 2+2 configuration in business (I'm obviously not talking about the only C class airlines). The 3+3 is much more flexible for them (moving the curtain) and also it guarantees more seats for the flights that have no business class (i.e. most of the seasonal intra-Europe ones).
Old Jan 19, 2017, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by always_solo
Mind you, the business class section is just a regular economy seat with the middle seat blocked, but the service and the food are top of the line.
Well, the front rows do have more pitch. It just happens that if business is not full, they will move the curtain and unblock the middle seats, giving Economy a little more comfort in the front.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
To my knowledge there is not a single European airline left that still has a 2+2 configuration in business (I'm obviously not talking about the only C class airlines). The 3+3 is much more flexible for them (moving the curtain) and also it guarantees more seats for the flights that have no business class (i.e. most of the seasonal intra-Europe ones).
LH also block the middle seat, just like A3 (I think LX too).
Old Jan 19, 2017, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
TK and JU spring to mind. Very good seats too. I do not think that A3 should go down that route though it would be too restrictive in terms of adapting the seat count needed and profit in the various markets that A3 serve. A3 need to keep focused on quality of service and catering. A3 already blow LH,BA and many others out of the water when it comes to that. LX still perform better then A3 though in J in my opinion but then again that is a hard product to beat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.