Wiki Posts
Search

Why I'm falling in love with Aegean

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2016, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by KLouis
Well, what do you expect? (S)he was standing right in front of one of the best tavernas in Heraklion (Ippokampos) enjoying the waves and... a can of Coke!
Unfortunately (s)he was in LUX rather than SKG when talking about having eaten the price of the flight (€17.68) in the lounge before boarding

No Greek tavern in sight!
Old Sep 29, 2016, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Just for the record, headingwest is most definitely a 'he'. At least that's what it says on my birth certificate!
Old Sep 30, 2016, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another fan here. The comparison with what is left of BA is incredibly stark. I did an LHR-ATH-LCA trip recently with a normal, non FT friend and even he remarked on how civilised Aegean is. I appear to be a bit of an IRROPS magnet with them but in both occasions it's been handled flawlessly.

Best airline in Europe without a doubt.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 11:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
Nice TR headingwest - I had to do a FRA-SKG-MUC this summer and I have to say as a 6'6" tall chap the non-exit/bulkhead rows are a bit tight but was impressed with the extra little things that Aegean manage (colouring books for kids handed out after takeoff was one nice aspect) - There was applause on landing at SKG but I think most of the pax were holidaymakers

Outbound (couldn't get the tray table down without some contortion!)

Return (much better!)

Biggest thing was as a non-status pax with *A (Lufty Miles&More) I still managed to nab an exit row on OLCI for half of the trip
Old Oct 1, 2016, 2:51 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Thanks to this report and others like this, plus the BA food withdrawal, I just booked 26 legs on A3 (never tried them before) - between Jan-Mar 2017. Hope I will be happy with them and could switch to A3 for my other travels. Pity they don't do longhaul!
Old Oct 2, 2016, 3:43 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
26 legs while (presumably) not based in Greece? That is quite a feat, especially if you have never flown them :P
Old Oct 2, 2016, 4:15 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Xandrios
26 legs while (presumably) not based in Greece? That is quite a feat, especially if you have never flown them :P
Quite, based in LHR, but fly to VIE a fair bit, and LHR T3 BA F lounge is shambles compared to Concorde room in T5, so will instead be using UA LHR T2 lounges on friday evenings!
Old Oct 2, 2016, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I just booked 26 legs on A3 (never tried them before) - between Jan-Mar 2017.
Wow, that is full throttle ahead! I hope you'll be satisfied.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 10:28 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Quite, based in LHR, but fly to VIE a fair bit, and LHR T3 BA F lounge is shambles compared to Concorde room in T5, so will instead be using UA LHR T2 lounges on friday evenings!
You will be travelling between VIE and LHR via ATH on a regular basis?! (Or have I simply misunderstood that bit?)

I love A3 but I wouldn't spend such a huge amount of extra time to take such a convoluted routing
Old Oct 2, 2016, 11:37 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
You will be travelling between VIE and LHR via ATH on a regular basis?! (Or have I simply misunderstood that bit?)

I love A3 but I wouldn't spend such a huge amount of extra time to take such a convoluted routing
Haha, not just VIE, I have some upcoming TXL, HAM, CDG, MAD, FCO, all booked through ATH. Will give them a go in Jan-Mar '17 and see whether I like them - though the added time in the air is quite a bit!
Old Oct 3, 2016, 12:46 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G

If you're going to take the 2200 LHR-ATH which arrives at 0330 and then connect to the first ATH-VIE/TXL/wherever on a regular basis, I think you are going to regret it after the 2nd trip. Unless you are the sort of person who can sleep anywhere and at any time.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 1:43 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
After my return trip FRA-SKG I also mostly have praised. They blew all European airlines on nearly all aspects, legroom included which I found great (1,90 meter tall).
Old Oct 4, 2016, 2:50 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Haha, not just VIE, I have some upcoming TXL, HAM, CDG, MAD, FCO, all booked through ATH. Will give them a go in Jan-Mar '17 and see whether I like them - though the added time in the air is quite a bit!
jeepers. I'm in awe... or something. I can't conceive deliberately flying that level of backtracking..
Old Oct 5, 2016, 6:49 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Are you flying Y or J on A3?

While BA Galleries is aging, and the UC is spanking new, I'm pretty sure the alcohol and food is probably better in BA F. And absolutely better in the Concorde Room.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 6:02 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
Food in LH SEN lounge is first class

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.