Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Requalification/status extension 2017

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2016, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
You mean 2017, right?

In Miles+Bonus, any level miles earned beyond your Gold requalification target are "wasted", they don't carry forward. Therefore, even if you had flown 500,000 miles in the year up to yesterday, the best you could get is Gold until 23/11/2017...you could not have started on requalification into 2018 yet.

(Of course, if you are not an "old Gold" and your membership year started already, and not just today, then this would make sense. But that is not the case, given other things you wrote...)

How was Australia??
No, I meant 2018! I would have re-qualifierd for 2017 on the way out, then I would have scheduled to come back tomorrow (playing it safe) and all the miles from the return trip would have counted for next year's requalification. Clever, only *A didn't want my money.

As for Australia, what can I say, expensive but worth a trip (corals, crocs, etc.). Of course the nicest thing for my wife and me was vacationing together with both of our sons, something we hadn't experienced since 1994!
Old Nov 24, 2016, 3:12 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Very happy to see the words "Your tier has been retained up to 23/11/2017" when I logged into my account just now. I have most of my 2018 requalification booked (as long as LH don't mess it up with strikes!) so will hopefully not have to suffer the worry of a last-minute requalification next year. I wonder when I'll get my new card.....
Old Nov 24, 2016, 4:55 pm

Programs: A3*G, OZ*G, OW Sapphire
I flew my 2 A3 segments for *S requalification on the 23rd, flights posted but downgraded to blue. Will call to get this fixed. Interestingly enough, the calculator says "earn 8511 miles until 09/2/2017" to upgrade to silver (in the last 12 mo from 23/11/2016 I've earned 17k miles and 2 a3 segments). The 09/2 date corresponds to the first flight date (9.2.2016) after "card downgrade" from last year (*g->*s). Is this just a mistake in the calc logic, or have the 12 months become rolling, starting from the first "flight activity" after "card up/downgrade"?
Old Nov 24, 2016, 5:33 pm
Suspended

Same here. Flew LON-ATH-MUC on 17th and MUC-ATH-LHR on 19th November. Only LON-ATH return has posted but ATH -MUC return not. Downgraded to Silver this morning. Will wait for few days more to see if the missing sectors were posted later. Frustrating in this result.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 10:49 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by Skyborne Flyer
The 09/2 date corresponds to the first flight date (9.2.2016) after "card downgrade" from last year (*g->*s). Is this just a mistake in the calc logic, or have the 12 months become rolling, starting from the first "flight activity" after "card up/downgrade"?
Since the system now thinks you're Blue, this is correct. The qualification from Blue to Silver IS 'rolling' so it takes into account any flights you have taken in the last 12 months. But, as you say, this is moot because they should bump you back up to silver anyway after you call them.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 8:53 am

Programs: A3
Originally Posted by KLouis
Unpredictability makes life in Greece predictably interesting!
Received an email just minutes ago. I qualified in August, but it appears Aegean is just now getting ready to mail me a card that they advise me to use "so as to continue enjoying all the privileges".

We would like to inform you that your Gold card has been renewed and is valid up to 23/11/2017. Within the following days, you will receive your new card by postal mail, at the address registered in your profile. We advise you to use your new card with the updated expiration date, so as to continue enjoying all the privileges that the Gold tier offers.

Until you receive your new card, you can easily log into your account and have instant access to your digital card. Your Gold digital card is available through the Miles+Bonus section at aegeanair.com and the Aegean mobile applications.

We are always at your disposal.

Best regards,
Miles+Bonus
Aegean
Old Nov 25, 2016, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by realgoose
Received an email just minutes ago. I qualified in August, but it appears Aegean is just now getting ready to mail me a card that they advise me to use "so as to continue enjoying all the privileges".
They send this email each year on the first day of your renewed membership year.

(It can be useful, as it will alert you to the start of your new year - meaning that your *A flying suddenly has requalification implications again)

All "old Golds" can expect the same email each November 25, for as long as they retain Gold.

I also requalified back in August, and received my new Gold card several weeks ago.
Attached Images  

Last edited by irishguy28; Nov 25, 2016 at 9:09 am
Old Nov 25, 2016, 2:33 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
Since the system now thinks you're Blue, this is correct. The qualification from Blue to Silver IS 'rolling' so it takes into account any flights you have taken in the last 12 months. But, as you say, this is moot because they should bump you back up to silver anyway after you call them.
Same here, I took 1 A3 flight and 2 TK flights in early November, and it is showing that I need about 8000 miles with 1 A3 flight to upgrade to *S. I thought I will have to start from scratch after 11/24 to get *S, but it looks like that's not the case! ^
Old Nov 26, 2016, 12:12 am
Suspended

Last two days my account has been downgraded to Silver and then upgrade to Gold again as my 4 Aegean sectors were posted day after another. The problem is that now I have 8 upgrade vouchers and 4 lounge vouchers in my account which I think it will change again later.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 3:26 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
I took my renewal flight on 27/10, it posted 30/10, and my virtual card moved to a 2017 expiry overnight - pretty good IT on A3's part. (Something I never thought I'd post in here!)

As this is a fairly late renewal, I'll update when the physical card reaches the UK given it might be of interest to those recently or yet to renew.
So, updating my own post - MrsNWI's and my cards arrived in the UK this morning, 26 days after the renewal flights posted, which I'd regard as pretty quick by airline standards and certainly an enormous improvement on last year. Delivery was from Royal Mail in Southall, suggesting that perhaps they were carried into LHR as cargo for distribution.

However, I think it also serves to reinforce that it would be sensible for A3 to give a 6 week grace on the cards to fall in line with industry practice now we know how it takes them to process.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 5:49 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Received my physical card today on 26/11/2016. I took my requalifying flight on 2/11/2016
Old Nov 26, 2016, 6:04 am

Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT
Received my renewed gold card today (26/11/16) Final requalification flight taken on 15/10/16
Old Nov 26, 2016, 2:16 pm

Programs: A3
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
So, updating my own post - MrsNWI's and my cards arrived in the UK this morning, 26 days after the renewal flights posted, which I'd regard as pretty quick by airline standards and certainly an enormous improvement on last year. Delivery was from Royal Mail in Southall, suggesting that perhaps they were carried into LHR as cargo for distribution.

However, I think it also serves to reinforce that it would be sensible for A3 to give a 6 week grace on the cards to fall in line with industry practice now we know how it takes them to process.
Mrs Goose and I received our cards today via Royal Mail from Southall. It was about 90 days from the renewal flight post. If their processes don't allow delivering cards before the expiry date of the previous cards, Aegean should indeed extend the expiry on card dates in line with other airlines.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 2:52 pm

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Re-Qualifikation Oct 17 - no Card yet

Family member qualified in September, received card mid October...

Card production / mailing seems to be totally random...
Old Nov 27, 2016, 10:10 pm

Programs: *A Gold, QF (ex-QP), AA, TG, A3 Gold, VA, SQ
Requalified early October. No sign of new card down under yet.

Last year it never arrived and I had to request a replacement after several months waiting.

Got the email on the 25th ..
"We would like to inform you that your Gold card has been renewed and is valid up to 23/11/2017. Within the following days, you will receive your new card by postal mail, at the address registered in your profile."

We shall see ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.