Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Requalification/status extension 2017

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2016, 7:05 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Flying Blue Silver
Requalified in September. Still no card in Germany.

I'll be flying on Nov 25th from MUC, and in the past they never let me in the lounge there without showing the physical card.
Funny how in this day and age some people staunchily refuse to honor the digital card at major airports... (and yes, I realize that is not Aegean's fault, but it would be great if A3 gave us some grace period printed on the card, like the previous year).

T.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 7:56 am

Programs: A3*G, UA PP, MR LTTE, was HH/D now Gold
got my card last week in germany.
you can always show the card on the app - no problem

Originally Posted by tancredi

I'll be flying on Nov 25th from MUC, and in the past they never let me in the lounge there without showing the physical card.
Funny how in this day and age some people staunchily refuse to honor the digital card at major airports... (and yes, I realize that is not Aegean's fault, but it would be great if A3 gave us some grace period printed on the card, like the previous year).

T.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 8:52 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by tancredi

Really? My experience with LH lounges everywhere has been that they only look at the boarding pass and actually even state that they don't need to see my card ("it's probably already on there" - meaning on the BP).
Old Nov 15, 2016, 1:57 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
They generally like to see my card too; at least in ZRH and AMS.

I received my new M+B card in the mail today in Greece. No date stamp, but sent from Greece with ELTA.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by blackball
Really? My experience with LH lounges everywhere has been that they only look at the boarding pass and actually even state that they don't need to see my card ("it's probably already on there" - meaning on the BP).
Not everyone flies on Lufthansa.

Third party lounges most frequently want to see the card. They like to have something to swipe or to look for in their book of photos of acceptable cards before they are willing to let you in.

I have often wondered if the agents are personally docked the cost of lounge admission if they don't do so but still let you in!
Old Nov 16, 2016, 7:32 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Was asked for the physical card at SAS lounge in CDG and LO lounge in WAW. I usually make a little scandal that by the star alliance rules (as published on the star alliance website), a boarding pass with *G is enough, and there is no *G on the boarding pass, any other proof of *G (electronic or physical card mainly) should be accepted. On both cases, my A3 number and status was clearly printed on the BP. This applies perhaps only in star alliance lounge but this was the case on both occasions.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ranskis
Was asked for the physical card at SAS lounge in CDG and LO lounge in WAW. I usually make a little scandal that by the star alliance rules (as published on the star alliance website), a boarding pass with *G is enough, and there is no *G on the boarding pass, any other proof of *G (electronic or physical card mainly) should be accepted. On both cases, my A3 number and status was clearly printed on the BP. This applies perhaps only in star alliance lounge but this was the case on both occasions.
I'd expect that problem only to be more frequent. What i've learned from my frequent visits to the WAW LOT lounge (which is great, btw.), they require the card because of frequent electronic boarding pass forgeries with fake *Gs added. They're working on a solution, but it ain't easy, it seems.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 6:05 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
it was much easier last year!

Last year I requalified in April, but this year I seem to have ended up on TK and LX promo fares, earning 0 miles - I've flown 40k miles on *A and still need 11k to requalify.

I have a trip next week, but I'm trying to work out 70% of mileage on TK, and then deciding if I need to get an H fare on SAA to get 150% mileage, or if 50% on a W fare is enough, or if it's cost-effective to pay for a Z fare (and get 200% mileage) and then not have to buy so many tier miles to top up...

And 3 flights on Nov 23!
Old Nov 18, 2016, 1:08 pm

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
My son requalified on Nov 4th and my daughter earned her first gold card on the same flight. As this is FT, both will renew for next year by Jan 12th :-)

Now to figure out how to best use those upgrade vouchers under the new rules.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by livious
My son requalified on Nov 4th and my daughter earned her first gold card on the same flight. As this is FT, both will renew for next year by Jan 12th :-)

Now to figure out how to best use those upgrade vouchers under the new rules.
Again one of those quizzical posts: FT? (we're talking A3, not LH); 12 January? (how does November 4th fit in there); Upgrade vouchers and new rules? (simply book on one of the booking fares that are eligible).
Old Nov 19, 2016, 4:30 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Originally Posted by KLouis
Again one of those quizzical posts: FT? (we're talking A3, not LH); 12 January? (how does November 4th fit in there); Upgrade vouchers and new rules? (simply book on one of the booking fares that are eligible).
Sorry, I thought this was a thread about re-qualifying for A3 Gold for 2017 Whatever made you suggest LH? FT=FlyerTalk

My kids earned enough points to earn (daughter) or re-qualify (son) for A3 Gold on Nov 4th. Daughter's calendar year is reset to Nov 4th as she is a new gold...son's is still the 24th as he re-qualified. Still no physical cards for either, but I did not expect them so quickly.

The later part of post was in reference that both will re-qualify for A3 Gold for 2018 by Jan 12th, so I do not need to worry about re-qualifying during all but 11 days in 2017. Perhaps I should have waited until next year's thread.

My goal is to make use of the 8 upgrade vouchers for 2017, as the new rules make it a tad more challenging to maximize as the cheapest fares are not upgradable. It is quite obvious which fares can be upgraded, but some of us on FT try to maximize when possible Next time I will post that type of comment in the Upgrade Voucher thread.

Last edited by livious; Nov 19, 2016 at 4:38 am
Old Nov 19, 2016, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by livious
Sorry, I thought this was a thread about re-qualifying for A3 Gold for 2017 Whatever made you suggest LH? FT=FlyerTalk...
Well, FT also =Frequent Traveller in M&M! And I could not see any connection between your post and either of the two FT that needed to be cited...
Old Nov 19, 2016, 9:40 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Folks, we have a delightful thing called a report button which sends a note to the mod team to look at potential problematical posts @:-)

Now, back to business and the receipt dates of next year's cards ...

/mod
Old Nov 19, 2016, 11:26 am

Being close to th 24th, I doubt that my new card will arrive in time. But I requalified only a month ago and I was aware of long waiting times with Aegean. I never tried to use the virtual card in the app before, so I´m curious if it will work at the lounges at ZRH (LX) and MXP (LH).

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Nov 20, 2016 at 12:17 pm Reason: Remove sentence post mod note
Old Nov 19, 2016, 10:43 pm

Programs: EB*G, A3*G, National EE
Not sure if this belongs here, anyway I flew SK in y+ 13 days ago arn-cph-mia at check in I handed over my a3 card my bp had A3*g on it. First segment posted to mb after a few days, today the cph-Mia leg has posted to my sk account which means I'm screwed. My a3 *g was depending on that leg as it should net appr 9500 miles. Do I have any chance to have it made right or am I wasting my time?? The error is obviously on the sk side, however weird that they spend 13 days before miles are posted.
Anyone ??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.