Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Requalification/status extension 2017

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2016, 2:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by Kataskopos
some norwegian guy said that if one has been gold for more than X amount of years one kept the status for 3 years.. and i laughed at him.. could it be he was right?
I remember you posted this about a year ago, with a link to a news article in norwegian, about having for 5 years gold.

But i have only been gold for 3-4 years.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by benberg2013
I remember you posted this about a year ago, with a link to a news article in norwegian, about having for 5 years gold.

But i have only been gold for 3-4 years.
Since this is absolutely not true, it doesn't matter whether you've been gold for 3-4 years or for 13-14 years!
Old Oct 31, 2016, 3:11 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
I took my renewal flight on 27/10, it posted 30/10, and my virtual card moved to a 2017 expiry overnight - pretty good IT on A3's part. (Something I never thought I'd post in here!)

As this is a fairly late renewal, I'll update when the physical card reaches the UK given it might be of interest to those recently or yet to renew.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
(Something I never thought I'd post in here!)

Indeed ... When people were getting their knickers in a twist about what would happen this year I did say wait and see
Old Oct 31, 2016, 8:37 am

Programs: A3 *G, BAEC Bronze, LH *S
I requalified some time ago in early summer, and my wife became gold for the first time mid-September. We both received our cards at the same time, last week, in Brussels.

The funny thing is that my card expires in 2017 and hers in 2019. So obviously there is a glitch somewhere in the printing process...
Old Oct 31, 2016, 4:04 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
I took my renewal flight on 27/10, it posted 30/10, and my virtual card moved to a 2017 expiry overnight - pretty good IT on A3's part. (Something I never thought I'd post in here!)

As this is a fairly late renewal, I'll update when the physical card reaches the UK given it might be of interest to those recently or yet to renew.
Yes please - I'm going to be renewing late next week (somewhere around the 12th) and will have a flight at the end of November, where I'd ideally like to have the new card.

[and I have already flown 42k miles on *A this year, but mostly in non-earning classes on LX and TK ]
Old Nov 1, 2016, 3:34 am

Programs: A3 *G, BAEC Gold
At the beginning of June I achieved Gold status. Thanks to a dirt cheap business class fare on SK/AC to Seattle I've been able to requalify at the end of June. Somewhere during the course of last week (wasn't home) I received my new gold card with expiry date beginning of June 2018.

The letter was sent from the UK and I live in Belgium
Old Nov 1, 2016, 11:36 am

Programs: A3 *G, Hilton Diamond, Accor Silver
Re-qualified sometime over the summer.

Gold card received today in US with expiration of 11/24/2017.

We were in South Carolina on vacation and made one final stop at the post office on our way to the airport to return to Budapest. Unexpected surprise to find the card was there!
Old Nov 2, 2016, 9:01 am

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
Slightly OT, but when does the new re-qualification period start?

1st January?
27th November
1st November?

Recently received my new card in Paris with the Nov 2017 expiry
Old Nov 2, 2016, 9:04 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by jsfr
Slightly OT, but when does the new re-qualification period start?

1st January?
27th November
1st November?
It's different for everyone - depends on when you qualified for Gold status. For the old Gold status holders, the status is valid until November 23rd, and the new re-qualification cycle starts on November 24th.

You can see it online in your Miles&Bonus account.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 9:13 am

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
Thanks - so my flights tomorrow don't count... At least my UPG worked seamlessly
Old Nov 2, 2016, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by jsfr
Thanks - so my flights tomorrow don't count... At least my UPG worked seamlessly
Any flights taken after retaining Gold, but before the end of your current Gold year/the start of your "next" Gold year, have absolutely no effect on your status. They don't help you in the next year, nor do they lengthen your status period. Tier Miles are simply meaningless at this point - until your new year starts.

Once you have requalified for Gold, details of your Tier Miles balance are irrelevant, and are not shown on your account again until your new year starts (when your target is back to the full 24k/12k + 4flights). Any Tier Miles earned after requalification and before the next year have no effect at all, and are simply not shown on your account.

Last edited by irishguy28; Nov 2, 2016 at 9:34 am
Old Nov 5, 2016, 10:23 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I have a somewhat related enquiry - not 2017 but 2018 expiry.

I qualified for Gold and then requalified shortly after that, so now my expiry date is well into 2018.

When do A3 tend to send out the physical card with the latest renewal date? Shortly after requalifying, or shortly before the previous one expires? My virtual card is showing the latest expiry date but I am thinking about the actual physical card here.

The point of this question is that postal system in the area where I live is not the most reliable thing in the world so I'd like to know if it's likely to have gone missing.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 10:43 pm

Classic question from A Greek reading such a post : why do you worry now about a potential problem, which will probably never become a problem and, which if it ever becomes one, could be solved more than a year from now?
Old Nov 6, 2016, 8:26 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by KLouis
Classic question from A Greek reading such a post : why do you worry now about a potential problem, which will probably never become a problem and, which if it ever becomes one, could be solved more than a year from now?
Ummm, curiosity That's why, I'd say.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.