Requalification/status extension 2017

Subscribe
Quote: I had requalified on September 25th.

I am 000299 GR.
I qualified about the same time and had 000290 GR. Also, I had ordered a replacement card which arrived at the same time - with code 003436 GRE.

Wonder what the "GR" vs "GRE" means? Both were posted from Greece. Perhaps "Gold Replacement" vs "Gold Replacement Expedited" for the manually requested one.

My impression is that the number is the card request sequence number. The earlier in the year one requalifies, the earlier the card request and the lower the number. Then when I requested a replacement card in November a lot more people had requalified by then, and the number had shot up.

However it may be good to know that the number does not imply the number of (gold) members. It seems to imply the number of cards sent out, though I am unsure if it only counts Gold cards or all types.
Quote: Wonder what the "GR" vs "GRE" means? Both were posted from Greece. Perhaps "Gold Replacement" vs "Gold Replacement Expedited" for the manually requested one.
"GR"= Gold replacement, "GRE"= Gold renewal maybe?

I received my renewed card in Germany last Friday with the number 000188 - GRE. I suspect this means it was the 188th gold card produced in 2017 but who knows. It was sent from the Netherlands too.
Some may think that I'm obsessed and that I should seek professional help, but I really fail completely to understand the need to discuss the 000XXXGRE or 000XXXGR or GRE 000XXX 0r GR000XXX or whatever number printed on the letter accompanying the new gold card (by the way, no silver member has joined this discussion!). There have been at least 10 different interpretations, and each one of them is proven wrong after a few additional posts. What is the purpose of this discussion? Does anybody think that A3 will let us know what this means?

Let me "help" this discussion by including here the definition of numerology from Wikipedia: Numerology is any belief in the divine, mystical relationship between a number and one or more coinciding events. It is also the study of the numerical value of the letters in words, names and ideas. It is often associated with the paranormal, alongside astrology and similar divinatory arts. If one feels too lazy to read everything, go directly here, a part that I think describes well this thread.

Quote: I received my renewed card in Germany last Friday with the number 000188 - GRE. I suspect this means it was the 188th gold card produced in 2017 but who knows. It was sent from the Netherlands too.
How long have you waited?
Quote: How long have you waited?
Since 24th November. I took my requalification flights 2 and 3 days before the 23rd November deadline but they didn't post in time due to them being upgraded with vouchers. A quick phonecall and they were there before the computer had a chance to downgrade me.

Slightly OT: A3 not sending out the new cards quickly did cause me a little bit of hassle in VIE in December. OS insisted on seeing my *G card at check-in despite it being in the booking and me flying business class, therefore making it unnecessary. I temporarily forgot that my old card had expired and the check-in agent confiscated it! I tried asking nicely for it back for my collection but was told "No, it's property of Star Alliance. We have to cut it up and send it back to A3". Never experienced anything like that before! They were highly sceptical of the digital card on my phone too. No idea what was going on there.
got my card this morning!
except it's my silver card, after a temporary downgrade while flights posted.

Flying next week, so hoping that *G on BP and the digital card on the app will be enough (from experience, the SQ lounge at LHR always ask for a card).

if anyone's interested, the code is '002790 - SD' (silver downgrade?)
Card upgrade: Dec 5
Gold card received: Jan 12
Quote: I really fail completely to understand the need to discuss the 000XXXGRE or 000XXXGR or GRE 000XXX 0r GR000XXX or whatever number printed on the letter accompanying the new gold card (by the way, no silver member has joined this discussion!).

There is no need - its just something fun to figure out. And if this is the worst we have to worry about regarding A3, I think the forum (and airline) are doing pretty well!

Oh, and figuring out the meaning behind numbers/codes can be interesting enough - so much in fact that they made a very popular TV series around the subject!
Card upgrade: Nov 24
Gold card Received: Jan 12
Number: Currently forget. Was something like 0004XXGRE. Will update when I get home and get the letter.

EDIT: Fairly sure that GRE is not an expedited Gold, as I never requested a replacement. But Gold REnewal would make sense?
So we are trying this approach this year to re-qualify for Gold:

YYZ-SIN with BR: travelling in cheapest economy o/w, which gives us 50% mileage, that is 9500/2=4750

Next, KUL-ZRH in J with TG, Total miles 19043(includes 200% COS Bonus)

As we need 24000 miles. Does this work. TG J gives a 200% Bonus as per A3's website.
Quote: So we are trying this approach this year to re-qualify for Gold:

YYZ-SIN with BR: travelling in cheapest economy o/w, which gives us 50% mileage, that is 9500/2=4750

As we need 24000 miles. Does this work. TG J gives a 200% Bonus as per A3's website.

For me, you are perhaps being overly optimistic. First, the mileage totals you cite add up to less than 24,000. Second, you will receive double mileage for J in Thai not normal miles plus a 200% bonus.
Quote: So we are trying this approach this year to re-qualify for Gold:

According to my calulations you'll get:

YYZ-SIN 9310 @ 50%= 4655
KUL-ZRH 6190 @ 200%= 12380
Sum = 17035
Short = 6965

I think you need some help in basic arithmetics, I don't see you getting promoted to the next class next summer!

PS I used the MileMarker, has always been correct for A3!
Quote: According to my calulations you'll get:

YYZ-SIN 9310 @ 50%= 4655
KUL-ZRH 6190 @ 200%= 12380
Sum = 17035
Short = 6965

I think you need some help in basic arithmetics, I don't see you getting promoted to the next class next summer!

PS I used the MileMarker, has always been correct for A3!
I was looking at this:

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 10.13.07 PM.png
Views: 331
Size:  36.9 KB

OK, if you fly to ZRH via BKK you're not 6965 miles short but "only" 6659!
Quote: I was looking at this:

Attachment 25071
When crediting to Aegean, the Aegean rules apply. In this case, for Thai J class, the total earnings is 200%. Or, 100% plus 100% class of service bonus.

In the screenshot it shows a total of 300% earnings, or, 100% plus 200% class of service bonus. Unfortunately this is not how it works, the total earnings will be 200%. Which, for ZRH-KUL is ~12.458 miles at 200%.

Won't you have a chance to fly Aegean this year? It would drastically reduce the amount of miles needed to requalify