Wiki Posts
Search

Aegean overbooking compensation

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2016, 6:44 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by jbfield
Sounds like the change in compensation came a week after the flight and OP's original post suggests this may have been un writing (email) rather than verbal.
Except the OP later changed this:

Originally Posted by milano09
Unfortunately right after I agreed to 500 euro and gave up my seat, they told me "oops, actually it's 250 euro each." So I don't have anything signed by the company saying 500 euro. When I asked if they could give us cash immediately, they said we had to go to the gate then do everything with the customer service center by phone/email.
There are so many different versions of what happened now in respect of IBD vs VD & timing of compensation offers that it's very difficult for us to guide the OP. Some clarity would be helpful if we could obtain it.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
There are lots of things stated in the OP, none of which is particularly clear, and the order of disclosures doesn't appear to match the chronological order.

Originally Posted by milano09
We were told we would be reimbursed 500 euro each when we were proposed the offer, then told it would be 250 euro each. I saw that flights over 1.500KM merit 400 euro compensation.

The airline told us they were sending us the compensation for 400 euro, then a week later we were told they made a mistake and canceled the wire transfer, and were sending us 250 euro instead. How incredibly unprofessional!!!
I doubt anything was in writing on the day of the event.

But it seems like €250 (times 2, making €500) was probably always the intention (which seems to be an improvement on the €400!!).
Old Sep 19, 2016, 10:26 pm

Programs: kayaker
One extra piece of information that could also explain why they use MIL instead of MXP: A3 used to fly to LIN instead. It was probably easiest in their systems to use MIL as a general placeholder when they switched, and they've never updated since.

None of which is relevant to the issue at hand, namely, there was confusion over how much was agreed for, it probably was €250 each (for €500 total), my recommendation is to take what you got and move on. Not much you can pursue legally as it's all hearsay, and you don't fall under EU261 rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.