Wiki Posts
Search

Baggage HER-SKG-LCA OA/A3 *G

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2016, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OWS,E+,A3Gold,TK+
Baggage HER-SKG-LCA OA/A3 *G

I am on a flight from HER-SKG on A3 code issued ticket but operated by OA. Then SKG sameday to LCA with A3 .

I need to check in two 23kg suitcases it's go light so need to pay but *G gives me extra case free . Would this allows me to checkin I two cases at HER with OA.

Would this fall under MSC rule as first intl flight is A3 to LCA
Old Sep 4, 2016, 3:07 pm

When is your flight? I'm flying HER-SKG-DUS (HER-SKG operated by OA, SKG-DUS by A3) this Thursday and have them same issue. Booking says free bag due to *G but also mentions free bag only applies to A3 operated segments. I will let you know what happens on Thursday
Old Sep 4, 2016, 3:23 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Hey kids, ever heared about google? Here the result:

https://en.aegeanair.com/travel-info...age-allowance/

• Economy - GoLight: 0 bags
  • Miles+Bonus Gold: 1 piece 32/23 kg, depending on booked fare

So, you pay for your 2nd bag checked-in!

Isn't so difficult to understand, or?
Old Sep 4, 2016, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Yes I understand but this only applies to Miles&Bonus Gold not *G which doesn't allow free bag on OA leg.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

@KL714 I'm not flying till 20th. Thanks would appreciate any updates.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 3:56 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by Liams
Yes I understand but this only applies to Miles&Bonus Gold not *G which doesn't allow free bag on OA leg.
Correct. With *G other than M&B, you won't have any free allowance on a OA flight with a Go Light fare! Never mind what flights you're connecting to.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 2:05 am

Programs: A3 *G
It's no wonder this whole "A3 operated by OA on A3 metal" thing is confusing... But the question is still valid. In some circumstances the baggage allowance for the longer international flight is given. In fact, I've noticed that with these flights, when you try to book Domestic-ATH-international, the domestic sector is show as A3 7xxx rather than OA xxx when you just look at the domestic, so maybe this is to allow for this kind of case. Clarification would be useful.

In the attached example the domestic flight can be either A3 7711 or OA 711. (And what a good price to her-LCA too! (I just chose a random date)
Attached Images  

Last edited by Knobbgb; Sep 5, 2016 at 2:21 am
Old Sep 5, 2016, 11:27 pm
Original Poster

I wish was that price .. directs finished for summer and date needed was 150. I have called A3 and they have no idea said email miles&bonus so awaiting a response.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by Liams
@KL714 I'm not flying till 20th. Thanks would appreciate any updates.
So I took the flights yesterday, no issues checking-in my bag at HER (flight was operated by OA but check-in of course at A3 counters). My bag got through checked to DUS and got the priority tag as well. Note that you need to go through security again in SKG as there is no transfer area. The lounge is behind security and is really nice with separate boarding from the lounge. As you stated you have two bags so you'd probably have to pay for the second bag if you're on a GoLight fare but the first bag will be free ^
Old Sep 9, 2016, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

@KL714 Perfect thanks very much for update.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.