Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Happy Miles Discount

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2016, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Happy Miles Discount

There is a Happy Miles promo between June 1 – August 2016, on both Aegean and Olympic flights:

http://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbonu...m/happy-miles/

Book online and save 20 Euro booking fee
Old May 29, 2016, 1:32 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
I think there is always a happy miles promotion, but just that every 3 months they change the destinations...
Old May 29, 2016, 3:28 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Are there actually ever promotions in biz - or economy only?

The low normal revenue prices of most flights -- and high taxes -- makes even most discount deals still not attractive enough.
Old May 31, 2016, 9:42 am

What are the sweet spots of redemption?

My candidate is 100k miles to New Zealand, if you can find availability on NZ.

And, of course, one way flights across the Atlantic.
Old May 31, 2016, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by sokolov
What are the sweet spots of redemption?

My candidate is 100k miles to New Zealand, if you can find availability on NZ.

And, of course, one way flights across the Atlantic.
According to Charlie's blog, here are the sweetspots:

http://runningwithmiles.boardingarea...-aegean-miles/

My favorite is from West Coast North America-Israel/North Africa in J, and intra-Far East in J.
Old May 31, 2016, 5:17 pm

I generally don't regard business or first class redemptions as Sweetspots. Maybe I will when I get old. :-)

Last edited by sokolov; Jun 1, 2016 at 10:21 am
Old May 31, 2016, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

I generally don't regard business or first class redemptions as Sweetspots. Maybe because I will when I get old. :-)
You can also try economy
Old Jun 1, 2016, 12:14 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I generally don't regard business or first class redemptions as Sweetspots. Maybe because I will when I get old. :-)
Well the whole chart is kind of a sweet spot for J and F

I've never looked at any award charts for *A apart from A3, so perhaps they are all just as good - but you can get J for roughly 1.5x Y, and F for 2x Y in most cases

Compared to BA where after 2015 devaluation, longhaul J is 2.5-4.6x the Y price and F is 3.4-6.1x the Y price, though the multipliers are lower for multipartner non-BA redemptions

After renewing A3 Gold twice, I now have (only) 50k A3 miles... which is enough for 42000 J partner redemption in a single zone which could cost up to 75000 avios with BA

But hard to earn A3 miles for a UK based person who mainly flies on oneworld-heavy routes and airports, and the recent crazy sale fares from OW (mainly QR)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.