Community
Wiki Posts
Search

C class priority over *G at boarding?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2016, 3:23 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Do people that bord the aircraft first also arrive as first ones at the destination airport?
No, but ever since airlines introduced the 'go light' type of fare, finding bin space to place your luggage is a challenge in Y. Boarding early is the only way you can be sure your stuff will be near you when you're getting ready to deplane.

Last edited by blackball; May 22, 2016 at 4:23 am
Old May 23, 2016, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Frenchft you have had really peculiar experiences haven't you?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegea...ions-mess.html
yes last week was full of complications ))
Old May 23, 2016, 2:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
yes, interesting talk. But as everybody knows in ATH the line is for C / MB G / *G... was indeed very funny to see this princess doing a scandal because she had to wait in line with 8 *G pax ))
Old May 23, 2016, 4:35 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus LH Senator (yes, two *A programs. Go figure)
Originally Posted by frenchft
Last week a very rude greek woman ......
"i'm greek...e".. she continues to say that greek and business class pax...
Not the first time you complain about Greeks in your posts. You know there is a name for that, right?
Old May 23, 2016, 6:02 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Let's not go down that line please. The OP's post was factual and, to the best of our knowledge, used the actual words spoken by the Business Class passenger. That is entirely within the rules of FT.

/mod
Old May 23, 2016, 6:52 am

Programs: A3, SN
Do people that bord the aircraft first also arrive as first ones at the destination airport?
No, but they never have to worry about squeezing their bag in the last available spot in the overhead compartments ;-)
Old May 23, 2016, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Yes, because they elbow their way to the front of the plane and are the first to disembark, too.
Old May 23, 2016, 9:18 am

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Even though C and *G usually board together on A3, I think the woman and GA were technically correct. But only if the GA announced boarding just for C pax. Obviously, the "I'm Greek" comment was completely irrelevant.

IIRC, the priority boarding benefit only requires airlines to board *G before the rest of Economy. Perhaps the wording was along the lines of "with First and Business Class or immediately after, at the discretion of the gate" or something. Otherwise, AC and UA would be in violation, since they board premium cabin(s) in Group/Zone 1 and *G in Group/Zone 2.
Old May 23, 2016, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Tennen
Even though C and *G usually board together on A3, I think the woman and GA were technically correct. But only if the GA announced boarding just for C pax. Obviously, the "I'm Greek" comment was completely irrelevant.

IIRC, the priority boarding benefit only requires airlines to board *G before the rest of Economy. Perhaps the wording was along the lines of "with First and Business Class or immediately after, at the discretion of the gate" or something. Otherwise, AC and UA would be in violation, since they board premium cabin(s) in Group/Zone 1 and *G in Group/Zone 2.
As quoted earlier in this thread the text is "Board at your convenience with First Class and Business Class passengers where this is offered at the gate." While there is indeed some question what "where this is offered at the gate" restricts, to me it seems that the intent is that *G boards with first and business, unless the gate has no priority boarding at all. I'm not sure *A actually has any real recourse if airlines are in violation, so the fact that violations are occurring isn't much evidence to me that the rule itself is meant to be interpreted that way.

Ultimately I don't think it matters much, but it would be nice to have clarity.
Old May 23, 2016, 10:04 am

Programs: LH*S (FTL), OZ*G, Accor gold, HH Diamond
LH/OS/LO offer access to special lounge for *G which is not allowed for C passengers. *G are also entitled to one guest in to the lounge.
In seems that *G are more important for Star Alliance than ordinary C passengers ;-p
Old May 23, 2016, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Given that the spirit of boarding priority for elites is basically before non elite passengers (or lower elites), the common sense approach to this is to give priority to business class passengers, when this is announced or issues arise.
Old May 23, 2016, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Btw, someone should have told the "princess" that he/she is in C AND *A, so she should wait in line behind them, lol...
Old May 23, 2016, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by SPlDER
LH/OS/LO offer access to special lounge for *G which is not allowed for C passengers. *G are also entitled to one guest in to the lounge.
In seems that *G are more important for Star Alliance than ordinary C passengers ;-p
Yes, the LH group seems to prioritize status over class. On the other hand, SQ gives *G a much worse lounge than C passengers at its home base.
Old May 23, 2016, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by nk15
Btw, someone should have told the "princess" that he/she is in C AND *A, so she should wait in line behind them, lol...
But only if you're also Greek, apparently!
Old May 23, 2016, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by potjernik
Not the first time you complain about Greeks in your posts. You know there is a name for that, right?
Whilst you are indeed correct and it's known and noted not only from a few members but also lurkers it actually would not surprise me as I have witnessed similar over the years. I would class it as a general dropping in manners globally when people fly these days and would not be so ignorant and arrogant to suggest its confined to a particular culture which of course it is NOT!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.