Wiki Posts
Search

Question about award ticket from Oceania

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2016, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Question about award ticket from Oceania

Hello guys

So I have a question regarding award ticket from Aegean considering I have 56k miles on my account and gold status atm,

Currently I am living in Auckland, New Zealand and I would like to go somewhere with my gf using my miles within Oceania preferably an exotic island like French Polynesia or Fiji and I saw on the award sheet with AirNZ that it costs around 25k per ticket, where 2 tickets would amount to 50k. How does this work? Would I have to call the reservation for the tickets? And would it be any problem with my gfs ticket considering she is not a member or anything?

Any suggestions on where to take my beloved girl in Oceania would be nice!
Old May 6, 2016, 6:12 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Yes, you have to call M&B to make the award booking. The tricky part will be to find award seats on NZ, they were very restricted.

I would suggest that you sign up the ANA Tool to check yourself if award seats were available.

If you found seats, then call A3 to book it. But sometimes they were not able to book the available shown seats, nobody knows why... Then just go on to plan B...

The Airlines in Oceania were restricted to NZ. Check their route map, where you want to fly. You're allowed one connection of flights per way.
Old May 6, 2016, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Yes, you have to call M&B to make the award booking. The tricky part will be to find award seats on NZ, they were very restricted.

I would suggest that you sign up the ANA Tool to check yourself if award seats were available.

If you found seats, then call A3 to book it. But sometimes they were not able to book the available shown seats, nobody knows why... Then just go on to plan B...

The Airlines in Oceania were restricted to NZ. Check their route map, where you want to fly. You're allowed one connection of flights per way.
The links for ANA search tool doesn´t seem to work I think, getting an error page when entering the second link.

And it seems like it´ll be hard to find award tickets considering that we only have time to travel during peak season...
Old May 6, 2016, 8:22 pm

And then you probably want two award seats on the same itinerary? Good luck!

BTW: Just because you can't find award space on a certain flight today, doesn't mean it won't open up tomorrow, or next week or next month, so there is a point in re-checking the same flights regularly.

I did that for months, using the ANA tool, and eventually I found my NZ trip from North America to AKL and back. :-) So there is hope, but easy it is not.
Old May 6, 2016, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sokolov
And then you probably want two award seats on the same itinerary? Good luck!

BTW: Just because you can't find award space on a certain flight today, doesn't mean it won't open up tomorrow, or next week or next month, so there is a point in re-checking the same flights regularly.

I did that for months, using the ANA tool, and eventually I found my NZ trip from North America to AKL and back. :-) So there is hope, but easy it is not.
Haha, yeah I guess it´ll be really hard.

And thanks for mentioning that! I´ll keep it in mind, should keep an eye out for this
Old May 7, 2016, 3:07 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
The furthest NZ flight I find is from AKL-SIN, I have booked AKL-RAR before but canceled it because I went to Fiji instead. If you have DL or AA miles, you can also use it to go to PPT.
Old May 7, 2016, 4:52 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by Jma12
The furthest NZ flight I find is from AKL-SIN
Thats not within the Oceania award zone.

If you have DL or AA miles, you can also use it to go to PPT.
NZ also flies AKL-PPT. OP wants to use his M&B miles!
Old May 7, 2016, 5:51 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Thats not within the Oceania award zone.
I know, and I didn't say anything about Oceania

I said "if" he has it, it will give him more options
Old May 8, 2016, 12:25 am
Original Poster

I know, and I didn't say anything about Oceania

I said "if" he has it, it will give him more options
Indeed it would give me more options, but at this stage I only have M&B miles which I´d like to use. I still need to find award seats to pacific islands from AKL
Old May 8, 2016, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by sAmmm
Indeed it would give me more options, but at this stage I only have M&B miles which I´d like to use. I still need to find award seats to pacific islands from AKL
I see, unfortunately, NZ seats are extremely hard to get for PPT, even for the Cook Island flight I had to search 5 months out to get the flight.

You can search for award space using copa's website without a FFP (Thanks Xandrios for posting this!):

https://bookings.copaair.com/CMGS/Ai...=CMRED&lang=en
Old May 9, 2016, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

I see, unfortunately, NZ seats are extremely hard to get for PPT, even for the Cook Island flight I had to search 5 months out to get the flight.

You can search for award space using copa's website without a FFP (Thanks Xandrios for posting this!):

https://bookings.copaair.com/CMGS/Ai...=CMRED&lang=en
If that website works that´s awesome, but unfortunately no luck for me as I have pretty much tried so many destinations within the date that I can travel and no luck...
Old May 9, 2016, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by sAmmm
If that website works that´s awesome, but unfortunately no luck for me as I have pretty much tried so many destinations within the date that I can travel and no luck...
I see, you can try UA website also, you don't need an account.
Old May 10, 2016, 10:50 am

have anyone tried using the award request form from the website instead of calling to redeem award ticket?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.