Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Cross referencing Star Alliance Connections

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cross referencing Star Alliance Connections

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2016, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Question Cross referencing Star Alliance Connections

We have an AC flight to LHR and connecting on to A3 from LHR to HER. I called A3 to have the AC flight cross referenced but A3 says they do not have any such facility.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Can you explain what you mean by "cross referencing a connection"?

If you mean some attempt at linking two separate tickets, you must know that this can never be done (in the same way as if you booked all travel on one ticket).
Old Apr 26, 2016, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Cross referencing is adding a note to the file thats all.

Cross-referencing informs that the passenger is in fact coming from YYZ for example.

This information does not result in any right: if the connection is missed, passengers are not protected.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 8:31 am

I tried this a few times many years ago, before I became a B+M member (back then I was usually flying either AF/KLM or LX) and they always said that it was not possible. Then, at the third or fourth attempt, they explained to me that this was a) not a "flag" of any kind and b) that it gave zero protection. I consequently stopped asking.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 8:32 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
They could however check your luggage through to the final destination.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by benberg2013
They could however check your luggage through to the final destination.
Yes, I am having AC check my luggage all the way from YYZ to HER, albeit on separate tickets.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Cross referencing is adding a note to the file thats all.

Cross-referencing informs that the passenger is in fact coming from YYZ for example.

This information does not result in any right: if the connection is missed, passengers are not protected.
And similarly, these notes will never be looked at/read - no-one will even see this unless you specifically call their attention to it - and any such notes will therefore have no effect- I am always surprised that people are so eager to have their PNRs annotated in such a way.

It certainly is no substitute for calling A3's attention to the fact that luggage is in transit by showing the luggage tag to an A3 agent ahead of boarding your A3 flight.

Sign up for My Flights and you can annotate your A3 (or any other Amadeus/Sabre) PNR to your heart's content
Old Apr 26, 2016, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
And similarly, these notes will never be looked at/read - no-one will even see this unless you specifically call their attention to it - and any such notes will therefore have no effect- I am always surprised that people are so eager to have their PNRs annotated in such a way.

It certainly is no substitute for calling A3's attention to the fact that luggage is in transit by showing the luggage tag to an A3 agent ahead of boarding your A3 flight.

Sign up for My Flights and you can annotate your A3 (or any other Amadeus/Sabre) PNR to your heart's content
ha ha, all of that is done, my flights etc. But adding a note may serve its purpose, thats why a notes section is there. Star alliance should care about its members and be consistent. I am not asking for any protection from Aegean as these are separate tickets.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I may be missing something obvious here, but in what way does an annotation in a PNR amount to "greater care" for a customer?

As I understand it, it is merely an observation - a virtual post-it stuck to your ticket, if you like - which in no way influences anything related to your travel, and may never be seen, read, or noticed again after the agent who adds the note appends it to the PNR (even assuming that they actually do).

I can understand agents annotating PNRs when there is some good reason to do so, such as in a non-straightforward case or as a result of some kind of disruption/rebooking/problem and in which case some kind of flag/error/disruption is likely to be raised or triggered when the passenger presents themselves, and by which means the "new" agent can be quickly brought up to speed on the non-standard situation thanks to the notes of a previous agent. Unless there is some sort of "problem" with your ticket, why would an agent add any note to the ticket? (Perhaps agents do so to "appease" customer requests, but this process does not in anyway "validate" the request that was originally made by the passenger. If it makes the passenger happy, then it's easiest to just perform this otherwise meaningless task to satisfy the customer).

Or is there actually some kind of systematic checking of every PNR at the outstation prior to boarding, and/or some extra entitlement/guarantee/assistance offered in case an annotation is encountered in a PNR?
Old Apr 26, 2016, 11:10 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Unless there is some sort of "problem" with your ticket, why would an agent add any note to the ticket? (Perhaps agents do so to "appease" customer requests, but this process does not in anyway "validate" the request that was originally made by the passenger. If it makes the passenger happy, then it's easiest to just perform this otherwise meaningless task to satisfy the customer).
Exactly this.

I once made a mistake at an OTA booking, and put "mr" instead of "miss" at the passenger travelling with me. I mailed the OTA about the mistake. They said they contacted the airline as they couldnt change it, but since they got a reply this is not a big deal for the airline and unlikely to be a problem, they also just put a note just in case.

(Although I think this indeed might mostly be to reassure me, as indeed at the airport it caused zero problems)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.