Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M+B miles and *A flights

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2016, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
M+B miles and *A flights

After speaking to number of A3 agents. It seems like many *A member does not release J and even Y to A3. Compare to Aeroplan, A3 receives about 50% of Aeroplan's search in Y and about 20% in J.

I wonder how partner airlines determine the number of award seat release to A3, and why A3 is getting less seats compare to AC.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Problem solved

After comparing the availability on Aeroplan and with the A3 agent regarding a flight from CDG-TPE. She told me that she can see some SQ flights on her system with no availability, but aeroplan has a 2 flights available via SIN in Y.

This means that not all *A members are treated equally when it comes to savers award, even in Y class, and smaller airlines such as A3 has less award space compare to the bigger airlines (AC,LH,UA etc.).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.