Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Delivery dates for the new cards [2015-16 transition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delivery dates for the new cards [2015-16 transition]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2015, 6:38 am

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Works for me now. Thanks for the tip!
Old Nov 30, 2015, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by vd0t
Works for me now. Thanks for the tip!
Cannot find it?
Can you post a screenshot?
Old Nov 30, 2015, 10:10 am

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mrgreen
Cannot find it?
Can you post a screenshot?
You have to login using the mobile site on your iPhone. I used Safari but might work on Chrome too.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 1:20 pm

This May I flown A3 from MAN to ATH they keep asking passenger for drink.
Originally Posted by jimat3c
Last year it took 7+1/2 months for my card to arrive, that and being told on my last flight on A3 from Athens to Man "It is the airlines policy to only serve 2 drinks" is the reason I did not renew my Gold status.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
removed
Old Nov 30, 2015, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by vd0t
You have to login using the mobile site on your iPhone. I used Safari but might work on Chrome too.
I did exactly that and could not find any button or link to add it to passbook

//edit: now it appeared!
It seems like they are rolling out the feature slowly
Old Dec 2, 2015, 7:59 am

Would be effective maybe to pre-print and send the cards for those that have already qualified before the end-date. Maybe they do it next year, since the new card (as shown in M&B) expires Nov/2016 (not January like the current ones).
Old Dec 2, 2015, 8:37 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by jerry_greece
Would be effective maybe to pre-print and send the cards for those that have already qualified before the end-date. Maybe they do it next year, since the new card (as shown in M&B) expires Nov/2016 (not January like the current ones).
I have a feeling it won't work that way
Old Dec 2, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
Yesterday, I was at ATH waiting for an A3 connection flight. I tried to use the LH lounge using my A3 gold card and was denied. The lounge attendant told me the card had apparently run out and I should use my new one (which has probably not yet even been printed). In the end, I gained entry using my TK E+ card. If this sort of problem is systemic, a lot of cardholders are going to be angry with Aegean.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by johnirvine
Yesterday, I was at ATH waiting for an A3 connection flight. I tried to use the LH lounge using my A3 gold card and was denied. The lounge attendant told me the card had apparently run out and I should use my new one (which has probably not yet even been printed). In the end, I gained entry using my TK E+ card. If this sort of problem is systemic, a lot of cardholders are going to be angry with Aegean.
I know that many will disagree with me, but I'd say this si typical LH. Especially considering that the lounge attendant could have asked next door about that...

Last edited by KLouis; Dec 2, 2015 at 6:53 pm
Old Dec 2, 2015, 3:39 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
... and also, under Star Alliance rules, completely wrong. LH are very good at trying to use them to their advantage, so it seems only fair to quote the proof of entitlement rule back at them!

It sounds like holding a copy of the Star Alliance Employees' Guide might be fairly useful ...
Old Dec 3, 2015, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by johnirvine
What was the expiry date on the card? Was it past the expiry date when this happened?

I'll be passing through FRA a few times this month and next (January 2016). My old A3*G card has the expiry date 12/2015 printed on it, so it should be good for my lounge visits this month, though if what I've heard about LH lounge dragons is true it might not be good enough in January. The new cards couldn't come sooner...
Old Dec 3, 2015, 9:52 pm

Programs: *A Gold, QF (ex-QP), AA, TG, A3 Gold, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
... and also, under Star Alliance rules, completely wrong. LH are very good at trying to use them to their advantage, so it seems only fair to quote the proof of entitlement rule back at them!

It sounds like holding a copy of the Star Alliance Employees' Guide might be fairly useful ...
"Star Alliance Gold (SAG) customers travelling in any class

Customers have access to any Star Alliance member carriers' owned lounges with the Star Alliance Gold logo at the entrance. To gain access:
The customer must present a boarding pass for travel on a Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport;
The customer must present proof of SAG-level status. This is indicated on the boarding pass by XX*G, where XX is the carrier code of the carrier with whom the customer has SAG-level status. If the boarding pass does not show this, but the customer can prove Star Alliance Gold status via valid frequent flyer programme SAG-level card, access must be granted. In cases where the customer does not have the physical card, another valid indication of SAG-level status can be accepted.
Where a discrepancy exists between the loyalty status levels displayed on the frequent flyer programme card, boarding pass, other document presented and/or the Star Alliancem Premium Customer Database, the highest displayed level will be honoured. Example: boarding pass shows xx*S (xx = airline code *S=Star Alliance Silver), but customer presents a valid FFP card showing the Star Alliance Gold logo, customer must be given access to the lounge.

Always consult your supervisor or airline representative before turning away a customer."

http://rg.starallianceemployees.com/lounge-access.html
Old Dec 18, 2015, 7:01 pm

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
Has anyone received the new card?
Old Dec 19, 2015, 4:59 am

I actually got a pack in the post yesterday but was actually an old card and tag. I had requested another tag. Card still says 01/16 so hopefully another one will follow in the next few weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.