Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Delivery dates for the new cards [2015-16 transition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delivery dates for the new cards [2015-16 transition]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2016, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Card arrived in the US today, clearly a historic day, lol...I was very surprised, it is the first card I ever received out of several requests. The envelope was beat up, like it came from middle earth or something, lol. Posted from Paris. The card is very fancy, it even has a signature strip on the back...

Last edited by nk15; Feb 9, 2016 at 8:22 pm
Old Feb 10, 2016, 6:44 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by nk15
Card arrived in the US today, clearly a historic day, lol...I was very surprised, it is the first card I ever received out of several requests. The envelope was beat up, like it came from middle earth or something, lol. Posted from Paris. The card is very fancy, it even has a signature strip on the back...
So here's a perfect post to illustrate why A3's policy on card end dates is totally and utterly flawed. They're delivering what are likely to be significant volumes of cards to people over two weeks after their old cards expired, and next year will be a couple of months' or more worse.

I see nothing but a shambles nine months from now ...
Old Feb 10, 2016, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by HNF01
Were the numbers printed on the letters, next to your address, identical ?
(I got two gold cards as well... but I like it as I got TWO luggage tags)
Good catch, the numbers are different on the two letters.

Originally Posted by YOWkid
Laner, did both of your packages come from PRG?
The first one came from PRG, but the second one I can't tell. It doesn't appear to have a postmark at all
Old Feb 11, 2016, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by laner
Good catch, the numbers are different on the two letters...
That should be enough to stop all conversation on how many B+M Golds there are based on one's name, the numbers + GRE on the envelopes. Finally!
Old Feb 11, 2016, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got my second package today also posted from PRG!
Old Feb 11, 2016, 3:41 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
MrsNWI and my second cards both arrived today, although I have no idea if this was as a result of me getting fed up waiting and requesting a new card of just general disorganisation from A3.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 12:39 am

Hi everyone, M&B newbie here - I received my very first (blue) card yesterday, posted from the Netherlands. I'm really impressed by the lovely design of this non-elite card as well!

Interestingly, my name is printed in reverse order, i.e. "Smith John" (no comma) as opposed to "John Smith". Is this a special perk for blue members, perhaps?

Last edited by -Heathcliff-; Feb 12, 2016 at 1:18 am
Old Feb 12, 2016, 1:19 am

Programs: EB*G, A3*G, National EE
Originally Posted by -Heathcliff-
Hi everyone, M&B newbie here - I received my very first (blue) card yesterday, posted from the Netherlands. I'm really impressed by the lovely design of this non-elite card as well!

Interestingly, my name is printed in reverse order, i.e. "Smith John" (no comma) as opposed to "John Smith". Is this a special perk for blue members, perhaps?
Mine is reversed as well, so this perk applies to gold members too.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 1:22 am

Programs: EB*G, A3*G, National EE
Found my new card in my mailbox yesterday, I have been traveling for the last 3 weeks, so uncertain when it arrived. No postmarks on the envelope, but a note stating to return it to an address in Hungary in case undeliverable. Was surprised to find a luggage tag along with the card.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by cha211
...Interestingly, my name is printed in reverse order, i.e. "Smith John" (no comma) as opposed to "John Smith". Is this a special perk for blue members, perhaps?
Originally Posted by -Heathcliff-
Mine is reversed as well, so this perk applies to gold members too.
So you both got the Chinese or Hungarian or South Italian or Cretan or Greek Army () syntax of your name (there are certainly many more places where the order is reversed). So, consider yourselves special!
Old Feb 16, 2016, 5:37 pm

Programs: A3
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
I see nothing but a shambles nine months from now ...
Mrs Goose and I received our cards in Tampa today. They were sent prepaid economy from Paris. Glad we won't need them for a few weeks, but next year could indeed be a shambles.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
MrsNWI and my second cards both arrived today, although I have no idea if this was as a result of me getting fed up waiting and requesting a new card of just general disorganisation from A3.
If you requested a new card then you would have got 2. One generated by your renewal and another one generated by your request for a replacement .
Old Feb 19, 2016, 8:13 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Of course, the day after I requested a replacement card, mine arrived posted from Paris today in Chicago. I do like the luggage tags though!
Old Feb 22, 2016, 3:16 am

Got a Gold card last month good for 24/11/2016. Today I got another envelop of M+B that I've never requested and the card is already expired 24/01/2016 posted from Netherlands.
This thing is out of hand some people got two three card, some don't even get it A3 should really really I mean reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally figure out how to send out a card !!! and reach the destination on time otherwise whats the use of it, might as well promote the first in *A carrier not to use the plastic card with their frequent flyer and GO GREEN!!!!!
Old Mar 22, 2016, 12:43 am

Programs: LX M&M FTL, Aegean Gold, Mabuhay Miles Platinum
We has ours in the mailbox when we were back home in Switzerland two weeks ago. Not sure when they were exactly sent as we had been traveling for about 2 months. My wife actually got two identical cards, that - by judging their order in the stack of mail - must have arrived on or nearly on the same day as well. I had only one.

I am wondering about this new expiry date policy - I think I have been asked only once during the last year or so to actually produce my card upon entering the lounge (that was in the new Swiss lounge in Zürich E Terminal), but wonder if in such case a simple print of the card would work? After all, it is already on your boarding pass and in their system anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.