Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

London, UK Christmas DO - Saturday, 19th December 2015 - Glasshouse Stores, Soho

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: What would your preferred date be for a London Do? (Multiple selections permitted.)
Friday 4th December
0%
Saturday 5th December
25.00%
Friday 11th December
25.00%
Saturday 12th December
0%
Friday 18th December
25.00%
Saturday 19th December
75.00%
Friday 24th December
25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 11, 2015, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
DO is confirmed for Saturday, 19th December

Venue: Glasshouse Stores, 55 Brewer St, Soho, London W1F 9UJ.
Time: from 7.30pm
Food afterwards somewhere for those who wish to carry on.

We'll be at a table somewhere in the pub, hopefully near the doors, with a piece of paper with Aegean & Flyertalk logos on.

Attending:

NWIFlyer + 1
ermis177
Print Wikipost

London, UK Christmas DO - Saturday, 19th December 2015 - Glasshouse Stores, Soho

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2015, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold

Hi A3 fters?!

How about a LON xmass do?!
Old Nov 25, 2015, 12:20 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DrHalxx
Hi A3 fters?!

How about a LON xmass do?!
Any excuse for a drink!
Old Nov 25, 2015, 1:51 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Count me in as well!
Old Nov 25, 2015, 3:56 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
I'm planning to be in London on 18th/19th/20th December, so if you're expressing a preference on dates ...
Old Nov 25, 2015, 3:59 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Could combine with the BA one
Old Nov 30, 2015, 10:31 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
UK Christmas do

I'll be at Lhr for 3 hrs on 22 dec! Count me in if that's the unlikely time you schedule.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 11:09 pm
Community Director

Although it's not a hard-and-fast rule, a Do would normally be scheduled for a Friday or Saturday night - possibly due to the amount of alcohol that's consumed by some!

Clearly we have very few dates left now before Christmas, so I'll create a poll and temporarily sticky the post so it remains visible.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 11:15 am
Original Poster

So, when is that poll closing?
Old Dec 4, 2015, 11:57 am
Community Director

I've set it to close on 11th December to allow a week or so to arrange a meeting place - on the assumption that in reality the earliest sensible date is now going to be the weekend of 18/19/20th.

The BD Dos always used the Glasshouse Stores, which is a Sam Smiths pub just off Piccadilly Circus (no real ale though). The option to go for a bite to eat afterwards was always fairly fluid.

There's plenty of other options in Central London if anyone would like to make a suggestion. I'd recommend making it within walking distance of a tube station though.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Hm, I'm more of an east london person but I wouldn't mind something in Piccadilly Circus (much more convenient for me nowdays)

Gallshouse Stores would be fine

Otherwise Porterhouse in covent garden?
Old Dec 11, 2015, 1:23 am
Community Director

OK, so with the poll closed the overwhelming choice with 3x the votes of anything else (see, lies, damn lies and statistics!) is Saturday, 19th December.

Obviously anyone that hasn't voted but can make this date would be more than welcome. A wiki has been created so that names can be added if attending, or just add a note here if you don't yet have sufficient posts to edit the wiki.

Exact details TBA, but this will almost certainly be in a pub in Central London, walkable from a tube station. Suggestions so far have been the Glasshouse Stores (Sam Smiths, near Piccadilly Circus) and Porterhouse (Porterhouse Brewery, Covent Garden/Leicester Sq).

Obviously there are others - many in Holborn, including the Princess Louise & Citte of Yorke (both Sam Smiths) and Penderels Oak (Wetherspoons).
Old Dec 14, 2015, 5:17 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
The BD Dos always used the Glasshouse Stores, which is a Sam Smiths pub just off Piccadilly Circus (no real ale though).
Since I feel like there are lots of BD refugees in this forum (including our esteemed mod), I'd love to make my reacquaintance with the Glasshouse stores, but will be in Finland, looking for Santa. Enjoy!
Old Dec 14, 2015, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I'll be in London... so I'll try to make it. Have we confirmed on a place yet?
Old Dec 14, 2015, 5:11 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
I can do Saturday so count me in! i cant edit the wiki i am afraid.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 2:33 am
Community Director

I'm conscious that time is fast getting away from us, so I'll take a decision on venue on behalf of the OP, DrHalxx, so people know what they're doing.

I know there are a number of ex-BD Diamond Club members here, so for this first one let's keep the BD name and spirit running through FT by returning to the Glasshouse Stores, which is a central venue within walking distance of a number of tube stations on different lines (closest is Piccadilly Circus).

Glasshouse Stores, 55 Brewer St, Soho, London W1F 9UJ

Given this is close to Theatreland, I would suggest a 7.30pm meet time to allow time for theatre-goers to clear some space for us!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.